Effect Gizmo, ISP Dec II G-String and Tuner Mute diagram

raffel

Hi people,

I got my Effect Gizmo a few weeks ago and while I'm waiting for my cables, I prepared my new rack (mostly drawer) in a diagram.

I'm hoping you can confirm this is the correct way I would wire the EG.

The main goals i'm trying to achieve are:

- Correct wiring of the ISP Decimator II G-String where the treshold will not influence my clean tone (otherwise i'm hoping to just deactivate the ISP loop);
- Silent tuning with a jack in loop 12 with tip wired to ground;
- Powering the EG with my Carl Martin Pro Power if possible (output 7 and 8 are only 300mA, is this possible when the EG requires 9v 550mA?).

To respect the forum real estate, i put a link to the diagram here: http://i.imgur.com/1HEnjcE.jpg

The basis idea is:

[*]Guitar > Guitar In on RJM Effect Gizmo
[*]Loop 1 Send > ISP Decimator G-String II Guitar In
[*]ISP Decimator G-String II Guitar Out > Loop 1 Return
[*]Loop 2 Send > Maxon CP-101 In
[*]Maxon CP-101 Out > Loop 2 Return
[*]Loop 3 Send > Maxon OD-808 In
[*]Maxon OD-808 Out > Loop 3 Return
[*]Loop 4 Send > Strymon Mobius In
[*]Strymon Mobius Out > Loop 4 Return
[*]Tuner Out > Korg DTR-1000 In
[*]CS Out > EVH 5150 Guitar In
[*]EVH 5150 FX-Loop Send > Loop 9 In
[*]Loop 9 Send > ISP Decimator G-String II Decimator In
[*]ISP Decimator G-String II Decimator Out > Loop 9 Return
[*]Loop 10 Send > MXR M108 In
[*]MXR M108 Out > Loop 10 Return
[*]Loop 11 Send > TC Electronic Flashback x4 In
[*]TC Electronic Flashback x4 In > Loop 11 Return
[*]Loop 12 Return > Jack with Tip wired to Ground
[*]Loop 12 Out > FX Loop Return EVH 5150

Hope someone can confirm this is going to work, before I start my cable jungle adventure :)

Hello,

Your wiring looks correct! Everything is pretty much how I would wire it.

The Effect Gizmo needs 9VAC or 12VDC to operate properly. It's not going to work correctly with 9VDC...

Alright so i started programming the above setup with a Rocktron Midi Mate and i'm running into some trouble getting the Effect Gizmo (original version) to switch programs. CCs (single loops) work fine.

All loops seem to engage fine while i'm in programming mode on the foot controller (all programs are programmed on the same midi channel) and i can write them to the Effect Gizmo. However after I exit programming mode, loops either don't engage at all, or i'm seeing very brief led activity before loops turn off again.

I'm running the Midi Mate power supply for power to both the EG and Midi Mate but i've tried another supply (and dual supply) with the same issue, so I suppose that cannot be the problem. I also tried changing midi channels to see if there was an issue there and ruled that out as well.

Hope someone can help!

Typically, when your MIDI controller is set up for instant access buttons, the CCs sent by the instant access buttons override anything programmed in the Effect Gizmo. On the All Access, you program the IAs by selecting a preset, turning on the desired loops using the All Access buttons, then using the CTR STORE button on the All Access. Then, the IAs will turn on automatically for each preset and also turn on the loops on the Effect Gizmo.

Hi Ron, that seemed to do the trick, thanks! The manual of the Midi Mate is unfortunately not very clear in this.

Oops - I said All Access but meant MIDI Mate. Good thing the Rocktron controllers work similarly. :)

I should mention this in our manual as well.

Hi Ron, no worries i read between the lines!
Quite happy with the final result, thank you for all the help.

x7WWn4D.jpg

Sorry to hijack this thread - related question though: To use one of the EG's (or MEG's I assume) loops as a mute, I just leave the corresponding loop's send empty and put a plug into the return with the tip and sleeve pins soldered together, right?

Back