Effect Gizmo odd behavior...

TapeDeck

Hey guys.

I'm working on configuring a rig that consists of
Rhodes Colossus (midi controllable amp head)
Lexicon MPX G2
Eventide Pitch Factor
Pedal shelf,

and the brain is an Effect Gizmo.

What's happening is that somehow loop 4 doesn't seem to do anything... engaged or out, it seems as though it's hardwired, and not running anything through the pedal in that loop.
Switching the same pedal, and the same cables into loop 5 works fine.

Similarly, the MPX G2 was working in loop 9, but suddenly isn't getting audio (no loss of sound... it's like, again, things are hard-wired and just passing audio internally)

I recognize that the G2 is a nightmare to program, so to eliminate variables, I swapped a TC Flashback in, and it wasn't getting signal either. I pulled the same cables and the Flashback, and plugged directly to the amp loop, and it works fine.

It is entirely possible that this is user error, and there's some sort of system restore or internal mumbo jumbo I have to take care of on the EG...
but I am 100% positive that the cables are not shorting, and the pedals have power, and cables are connected to the correct jacks (ins, outs, sends and returns etc)

Please join the rest of the universe in mocking me and my silly problems. Or conversely, let me know if you have a suggestion.

My next order of business will be to swap the Effect Gizmo out entirely, and pop in my Switchblade, to make the rig work for immediate upcoming gigs, but my goal is to use the EG, as I prefer its buffers, and really do not need the billion features of the Switchblade for this rig.

Hmm. This may have been a power issue.
Both adapters I was trying are 9V AC and 1A... one is the smaller skinny looking type (like a OneSpot in format, though definitely AC... I think it came with either the EG or the Mastermind... I need to label these things) and the other is the larger square shaped one... that one seems to be working. I will cross my fingers.

If it's a light, one spot type adapter, then it will have DC output, not AC. If it's 9VDC, it will definitely cause some loops to not work, exactly as you describe. But a 9VAC adapter (which are all heavier, larger adapters), or a 12VDC adapter will work reliably.

The symptoms, and the behavior described match exactly what you're saying, as well as what was said in the FAQ, and the swap has solved the problem.
You learn something new every day.

Thanks a bunch.

Everything sounds awesome once more. :)

Rhodes Colussus. That is an awsome amp, and Kyle is an awsome guy! I hope to get one of his rack amps in due time.

Back