Effect Gizmo or Multiple Mini Effect Gizmos?

FAC

My first post here:

I am considering converting to a pedal switching system. I usually play through one amp…either a Victoria 20112 (Tweed Deluxe) or a Top Hat Super Club Deluxe…neither have onboard reverb, channel switching, or trem. I do not run the setup in stereo (I've tried it…don't really like it in my space).

Given my setup, I don't think I need the capability to switch amp functions or anything like that…hence, I am not considering the Rack Gizmo at this time. If I were to run with both amps, I would get the Y-Not, because I would need the phase capabilities and I like the security of having a transformer on one of the splits to avoid hum problems...but this would be down the road, not now.

I am debating between the Effect Gizmo + MasterMind vs. several Mini Effect Gizmos + MasterMind.

I like the idea that I could move the Mini controllers around, and perhaps even use them on a pedalboard vs. in a rack. I also like that the loops are all wired in series, so I need less patch cables.

Is there any reason that I should go with the big Effect Gizmo over several Mini Effect Gizmos? It appears from the website that they are equally transparent sounding?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year

Electrically, the Mini Effect Gizmo and Effect Gizmo are pretty much the same. The only exception being that the Effect Gizmo has stereo capability, where the Mini does not. As far as transparency and general audio quality, they're quite similar (the Mini actually might have a slight edge because it runs its audio circuits at a higher voltage).

A couple of Minis on a pedalboard definitely can result in a great system. The small size makes it pretty easy to fit on or under a board.

Back