effect gizmo upgrade?

Sammy

Hi Ron,
I am really looking forward to the release of the mastermind GT. I currently have an effect gizmo and I'm controlling it with a mastermind. I love using the mastermind in IA mode so naturally the idea of having more buttons and the ability to assign them however I need is very appealing.
I'm currently powering my mastermind via the MIDI cable and I've noticed in your last update on the mastermind GT that it will require the MIDI XLR connection to power it. So, to get to the point, will it be possible to have my effect gizmo modified to the MIDI XLR connector and if so is it possible to have it on the front like the rack gizmo? mainly because i would really prefer not to have a power pack to deal with.
Cheers Ron!
Also I am in Australia. When might I expect to see the mastermind GT out here?

My main concern is that the average cheap MIDI cable won't be able to handle the GT's current draw. It's possible that we can make a standard MIDI to XLR cable that can do the job but I need to do some testing to see what the limits are.

I'm not sure if we'll offer an Effect Gizmo XLR upgrade, but I'll look into it!

Oh, and to answer your other question, we're shooting for March or April at this point.

Back