Effect Gizmo usage with two amps

getagrip2011

I am considering a purchase of an Effect Gizmo in order to rack my pedals and have the ability to place any combination of pedals in front of my Fender Deluxe Reverb or Marshall 50 wt head. All effects will be going through the front input of both amps since neither amp has an effects loop. My question is how many of the Effect Gizmo 12 loops will be available for my stomp boxes? I am assuming 10 loops but not sure since the User Guide example shows only 8 loops used with 2 amps.

Yeah, 10 is possible. You could even do 11 at a push, but only if you ran either one amp or the other, but not both. What the Effect Gizmo doesn't give you is the ability to flip the phase or transformer isolate one amp from the other if you run into grounding or other issues (using two amps can sometimes be tricky). If you do have a problem, I can strongly recommend the Y-Not, but I'd try it without first - may not be an issue for you.

I was planning on using a Y-Not to switch back & forth between amps. One other thing I neglected to mention is that I want to run an tc Electonic G Major II in the FX loop of the Marshall. Would the Effect Gizmo be able to handle that? The remaing effects are stomp boxes which I wish to run in front of either the Fender DR or Marshall ... that a problem?

Putting a processor in the loop of one amp is no problem. It'll use up one Effect Gizmo loop if you want the ability to bypass the processor.

And, the standard configuration of 8 or 10 effects in front of the amps will have the effects on full time for both amps. To have certain effects only in front of one amp or another will require a little more wiring and planning. You could, for example, have the first four loops in front of one and and the next four loops in front of the other.

Back