External button used for tuner problem

Diezel

I'm having an issue with using the PBC Tuner on an external switch I just installed. I've tried both copying the original Tuner button info to the external switch as well as creating it as a new Tuner button on the external switch. It will turn the tuner on, but will not turn it off. I'd really prefer the Tuner to work on the external switch.

PBC: current firmware
Ext Sw: Both momentary NO
TRS external cable checks fine

The only way I can turn the Tuner back off again is if I use the tuner button on the PBC. Otherwise, the external button only turns it on. I thought maybe it was a linking issue, so I even removed the original Tuner button on the PBC, the external button had the same results.

The external buttons are tested and working normal so that's not the issue. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Are you running the latest firmware? That sounds like something I fixed a while back.

I can confirm it's a bug, will need to look into it...

Shoot. Ok. Thank you for getting back to me. Hopefully it can be something resolved easily. Right now, even in IA mode which I'm playing in most of the time since the song/setlist is not configured, it's far easier to have the tuner on the external controller. In the meantime, is there a version or a way I could move back which may give a working solution?

I didn't know about this problem, and no one else has brought it to my attention, so I'm not sure when it happened or if it always has been a problem.

I know you're busy and this is probably a small problem in the vast list of fires...especially with AXE FX support you're working on... but if you could find some time to see about getting this to work, it would be greatly appreciated. The dedicated button tuner button on it's own for me is important. I have a few shows coming up but a bigger one is at a Hard Rock Cafe...but that one isn't until Feb. Hopefully it can be fixed. In the meantime, I'll just have to deal with it on a separate page.

I'm not one to like switching pages but I'll deal with it for now. the problem with it for me on the main page ...and this happened. I did have a few presets configured on a show...and with the tuner in the stock location...in the middle of a song, my big foot hit the damn tuner button instead of a preset which obviously cuts the signal ultimately screwing the song up. It was right when I was hitting the solo too! ....that's why for as of late, I've been sitting in IA mode which really limits the use of the board. Still, for me to tune, I have to pull out of IA mode, but it's better then the other situation I had occur. Please keep me updated in here or through the firmware update notes you post. I reference your forum quite a bit as of late as you see my posts :).

Back