External TRS footswitch to control RV500

Matty, I know this doesn't answer your question directly but why not control it via midi message? I believe that pedal has full midi functionality to do what you want to do.

You can create a PBC button page (call it RV500 or similar for reference) which your PBC pedal buttons on that page can control your pedal via messages. How I'd use the page is to preview the sounds and figure out what I like. You just need to reserve at least one button on that page to maneuver back to your main PBC page...This RV500 button page up/down bank controls can be two of the programmed buttons...other PBC buttons on that page can control other RV500 functions. Once you program your RV500, then create a preset to control and program the patch you like.

Good luck!

Hey!
Sorry I should’ve been more clear.
So I have a page to do all the scrolling which is fine.
I just have a trs footswitch with 2 switches. One switch scrolls through the pbc pages. But I want the other switch to specially scroll through the banks on the rv500 via the pbc sending the cc message. How would I set that up :)

You could try setting the button to Device PC + type, and assign it to the RV-500 type. That will scroll through all presets on the RV-500.

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, I was thinking you wanted to connect another footswitch directly to the pedal, obviously not at all what you have or wanted to do.

If Ron's suggestion doesn't work for what you want, look at the pedals midi implementation chart and see if there's a CC number that correlates with the function you're after. Then assign a CC number to the 2nd button on your footswitch. Bank up/down should be Device PC+/Device PC- though.

Back