FIRMWARE VERSION 1.2.1

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, after many trials and tribulations, version 1.2 is released! Here is the final feature list:

• Added the ability to adjust button display brightness
  • Added 7 new colors - darker versions of the existing colors
  • Added bold fonts
  • Added accented character support
  • Remote mode - connect multiple GTs together and have them all update when a button on one of them is pressed
  • Instant bank switching option - you can enable a mode where pressing a bank button switches to the next bank and does not wait for you to select a preset. So if you're in bank 1, preset 3, pressing bank up will activate bank 2, preset 3.
  • Page preview option - when in bank selection, the button page assigned to the first preset in the bank will be displayed. (Instead of staying on the same button page until a preset is selected)
  • MIDI merge option - any messages received through the Remote In or USB B ports will be sent out the MIDI Out port
  • Enhanced the ability to receive program and bank messages. New "Bank=Song" parameter controls how the bank and PC number selects songs and presets in song/setlist mode
  • Made it possible for one IA button to send multiple PCs to a device
  • Added the ability to set "None" for an IA's off or on value to prevent it from sending an off or on message
  • Added basic support for Kemper KPA, Strymon Mobius and Timeline, Line 6 M9 and M13
  • Added Axe-Fx II scene support, also support for Tone Match and new looper controls
  • Improved Eventide pedal support, including Timefactor looper control
  • "On Msg Only" setting for buttons - prevents a button from sending a message when a preset turns the button off
  • Bank buttons now repeat when held
  • A whole bunch of bug fixes

The firmware is attached here, and you can download an updated manual from:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-1.2.pdf

UPDATE 7/18/2013
I've made some fixes to remote mode, including the ability for all expression pedals on all GTs to operate, even if they're not the "master" GT in the configuration. The version number has been bumped to 1.2.1.

Attachments

• MMGT121.rjf
    588.6 KB · Views: 369
Re: FIRMWARE VERSION 1.2

My main display is all gibbled. It's been like this for all 1.2 versions. It wasn't for 1.1.5.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

2013-07-04+19.19.44-1.jpg

Wow, I haven't seen that happen in a while. Thought we had that one beat. I definitely haven't seen it here in the lab with 1.2.

Is anyone else seeing screen corruption like that?

Hi Ron can we use the 0.8.1 Editor with Firmware Version 1.2 ?

I haven't figured out what would be causing the screen corruption. I suspect that there's something about your particular unit that's causing it, because as far as I can tell, that's the only GT with that issue. I'm guessing it's related to the small display brightness control, which was enabled in 1.2 and uses some parts of the circuit that have been left unused in previous versions. I will try to do some analysis and see what possible effects enabling this part of the circuit could have if, for example, there was a short or incorrect component.

Yes, editor 0.8.1 will work with 1.2.

Once the editor is out of beta, I will probably sync up the version numbers so it's always clear which editor goes with which firmware version.

1.2.1 is now available. It's not really going to help most people, because the fixes are in remote mode (using two or more GTs together in a synchronized group). But, it's up there for anyone who wants it. Use the same editor as before - there are no changes that would affect it.

rjmmusic said:
I haven't figured out what would be causing the screen corruption. I suspect that there's something about your particular unit that's causing it, because as far as I can tell, that's the only GT with that issue. I'm guessing it's related to the small display brightness control, which was enabled in 1.2 and uses some parts of the circuit that have been left unused in previous versions. I will try to do some analysis and see what possible effects enabling this part of the circuit could have if, for example, there was a short or incorrect component.

Is there a module that can be replaced? Something I can remove and send in? It's kinda no bueno.

I've just gone back to 1.1.5 since it was fine on that version.

Ideally, it'd be best to get the unit back here so we can figure out what's going on. It could be a number of things causing the problem. I could get it sorted out and shipped back the day after receiving it.

Back