Flash with Tempo

AlexMania

Hi Ron,

I'm not sure what I'm missing. How do I get a button to flash with the tempo? Do I need to read the manual? Say it's not so.

I have the preset to a particular BPM and the button set to flash to the tempo.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Alex

If you want to pre-program tempos and have the button flash to them, you need to enable MIDI clock. Otherwise, the button will only start flashing when you tap it.

Hmm...Thanks, Ron. I set the Midi clock to Master and I can get IA's to blink. Can presets blink too? I created a Preset to 150 and one for 90BPM. When I step on them, the IA's that are set to flash, flash at those tempos. The Presets themselves don't flash. If that's normal behavior, it's OK as long as I know.

Thanks!

Thanks. I have a new use for this. I have an IA that flashes, and I have several presets with each song's tempo. I can now either use those presets to get the IA to flash at the right beat for a given song (no more starting too fast) or I can put these presets as part of each song so they're always there.

Dopey, but cool!

Good idea! It wasn't something I had envisioned originally (that's why the flashing isn't enabled unless MIDI clock is on), but I can see where that would be handy.

Back