Functional switching: have to press switch twice

I'm using a normal TRS cable to control a function on an external effects box. For some reason I have to press the assigned switch on my PBC twice each time to toggle a function on or off (using the default ext. switch settings, one action with ON\ON OFF\OFF). I tried adding two sets of actions to double them up, and also tried momentary switch mode, but strangely enough both of these just make the switch not work at all. Anybody have any ideas?

It sounds to me like the switch needs to be momentary but the pedal requires a longer switching pulse than the PBC provides. I will add the ability to adjust the momentary switching pulse time in the next release.

It sounds to me like the switch needs to be momentary but the pedal requires a longer switching pulse than the PBC provides. I will add the ability to adjust the momentary switching pulse time in the next release.

I noticed there is now "Momentary Time" on the Global page of the editor. For some reason this value will not actually save to my .rjs file. I'm using the Mac version of the editor.

Does it work if you edit it on the PBC itself? I'll look into the editor issue.

Thank you for your prompt reply, and I apologize for my delayed response.

My issue has changed slightly. I have a dedicated button for FN switching, which should control whether a certain effects unit goes into its own internal bypass or activation mode. I am able to successfully bypass the effects unit by hitting this FN switch on my PBC (button setup is attachment below). The weird thing is that hitting this FN switch again will not re-active the effects unit, but hitting any other switch on my PBC will! Could this be a hardware issue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 4.05.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 4.05.48 PM.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 2
Is this set up on an external switch, or one of the internal switches?

I don't completely understand the question. The effects unit in question is a rack piece that I have in my amp's effects loop - I'm trying to toggle the "bypass" mode of the rack piece itself (my amp doesn't allow the loop to be externally switchable, so luckily the rack piece is the only thing in the loop and has its own bypass switch).

I mean, are you setting up one of the 11 buttons on the PBC itself, or one connected to the Ext Switch input jack?

It might be best to send me a copy of your settings file - that way I can try them here. Usually that's the fastest way to figure out stuff like this.

Back