FW Upgrade and USB Port A

Mark.W

Hello,
My name is Mark and I am a new owner of the MMGT 22. I set it up today and wanted to download and update to the latest firmware version. New out of the box, and upon power up, it shows FW 3.0 on the main screen. I downloaded the MMGT Editor 3.0.2. and plugged my laptop into the MMGT 22 (USB B). Works fine.

Learning the layout, I saw that the editor read the FW version of the MMGT 22 as 3.0.0. No problem, I will update as per the directions…so I thought.

Following the directions, I get to the screen that says insert USB drive (USB A). I do, and nothing happens. I have read a few posting in the forums and tried a few times different ways and no joy. When I ran the self test in the System menu, USB port A passed the test. Is there something I am missing? I thought I may have read somewhere that the FW version will only be seen as 3.0.0. why would that be?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mark

Hello,
I re-read another post concerning the same issue. Tried again and everything update as it should. I must have had my sequence wrong on prior attempts.
Thanks,
Mark

Glad to hear it worked! Sometimes, the boot loader won't read the flash drive, but I find that plugging in the drive after starting up the GT results in the best results. I'm working on the issue and will hopefully figure out why it doesn't always see the drive.

Back