g system

kilroyonguitar

I need to hear from all the guys who use a midi switcher with their G System. Pros and cons of what ever you are using (RJM, CFX4 or other??). I have a 4 channel preamp that uses momentary switching so I need to get something I can program with my G System. I have tried talking to manufacturers but not one of them will say this will work for you. let me know what you're using. I need resolution Also let me know how you wire it up when you are using the Nova Drive.
Thanks
Kilroy

As far as I know the Nova Drive has to be on the end or the beginning of the MIDI chain. The reason for that is the input/output on the NOva Drive is a single point. The Nova has to see both input and output to work correctly while interfaced to the G System. TC Electronic has a special Y cable that will take the single point input/output of the Nova Drive and split it to separate input and output ends. The input can be taken from another device before the Nova Drive, or from the G System, MIDI output. The output can be shunted to another device after the Nova Drive, or to the G System MIDI input. Both, split input and output cannot go different devices. One or the other has to interface to the G System itself. That is the only way I could get the Nova Drive to work and allow for all the G System functionality that makes the Nova Drive so useful when attached to a G System.

Back