H9 Looper Page

sergicalhands

So I've managed to create a working Strymon Looper page which makes all the looper options available(play,rec,stop,etc.). Now I'm trying to do the same for the H9s' Looper. I tried assigning the commands to the H9 using different CC numbers, made a different page with the same CC messages but the H9 doesn't respond to the MIDI CC messages. Anyone having luck setting this up? I did notice the PBC acting funny whenever I tried to save my settings the max page would go to 6 automatically after choosing 5. I had to laod it from my laptop and then save it that way. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm having a similar issue controlling a Pigtronix Infinity Looper. I sent a copy of my settings to Ron to investigate and am waiting on his response.

I'll let you know if I find out anything that may help you out too.

Ok, after a lot of playing around I've figured it out. There will be "official" support in PBC 2.0 firmware, but for now, here's how it gets done.

First thing, you need to program your H9 (or Timeline) with CC numbers for the looper functions. Why they don't assign some default numbers is beyond me. With nothing to go on, I will assign these numbers in the PBC and GT:

Record: CC37
Play: CC38
Stop: CC39
Empty: CC40
Reverse: CC41
Octave: CC42

Now on the PBC, edit the Record, Play and Stop buttons as follows:

- Set the button to send a CC Toggle action with the appropriate CC number from the list above (off:0, on:127)
- Turn all of the button setting checkboxes off (Tempo, Momentary, IA Link, etc.)
- Set Group to 1 (or to the first unused group number if you are using group 1 elsewhere)

It will work better if you put the Stop button to the left, then the Record and Play buttons to the right. This is just due to how groups work - the leftmost button is the one that defaults to on.

Edit the Empty, Reverse and Octave buttons as follows:

- Set the button to send a CC Toggle action with the appropriate CC number from the list above (off:0, on:127)
- Turn all of the button setting checkboxes off (Tempo, Momentary, IA Link, etc.)
- Set Group to None

Ok, after a lot of playing around I've figured it out. There will be "official" support in PBC 2.0 firmware, but for now, here's how it gets done.

First thing, you need to program your H9 (or Timeline) with CC numbers for the looper functions. Why they don't assign some default numbers is beyond me. With nothing to go on, I will assign these numbers in the PBC and GT:

Record: CC37
Play: CC38
Stop: CC39
Empty: CC40
Reverse: CC41
Octave: CC42

Now on the PBC, edit the Record, Play and Stop buttons as follows:

- Set Group to 1 (or to the first unused group number if you are using group 1 elsewhere)

It will work better if you put the Stop button to the left, then the Record and Play buttons to the right. This is just due to how groups work - the leftmost button is the one that defaults to on.

Edit the Empty, Reverse and Octave buttons as follows:

- Set Group to None

Just finished trying this with no luck... I even tried different options with the button group settings (Send off messages, Allow all buttons off) and no luck. I also noticed that when I try to switch the max button page to 5 (because I only use 5 at the moment) it automatically sets it to 6 instead...

Does the looper do anything at all? And, did you program the CC numbers in the H9 itself?

Weird. This is probably a dumb question, but in order to make sure we've checked everything - do you have a looper preset loaded when you're testing it?

Ok, I think the H9 needs to be on a specific looper preset for the looper to work. (Unlike something like the Strymon Timeline, where the looper can be activated at any time).

Ok, I think the H9 needs to be on a specific looper preset for the looper to work. (Unlike something like the Strymon Timeline, where the looper can be activated at any time).

That's a bummer, I'll try it later tonight to see if that works with the preset active. Thanks Ron!

Jumping on this helpful thread years later. I used Ron's 2015 notes and have my H9 looper now working well on my MMLT. I currently set up a local page off the preset and added those Stop, Rec, Play & Empty (Clear in H9 speak) functions there. Grouping as recommended etc. I also made the "EMPTY" function a momentary action which helps a bit too. Not sure if a local page is the way to go here however?

I'm also wondering can I put the H9 under midi clock control from the MMLT for this preset? If so how? If I could toggle midi clock on a local button I still have two buttons free on that local page. If a local page is the way to go?

Thanks!

There's a System / BPM action that will control MIDI clock for you. Set the value to Off to disable MIDI clock, set it to a specific value to enable it.

Back