having issue with MMGT 16 not staying in sync with Axe fx 2 IA states?

David Coyle

I am having issues when I am setting up my presets in Axe edit store them and then when mmgt recalls them they are showing different IA states than what was saved in the preset (drive on, chorus off, etc.) this is extremely frustrating. Should I be doing things in a different way or order?

Thanks

If you have checked send on preset change and update on preset change on each switch, the GT will update the preset according to what is displayed on the GT. Press the buttons you want on the GT, then save it on the GT.

But, if you want the buttons to display the state that's actually stored on the Axe-Fx, then turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change.

I have tried to save the settings on the mmgt and it will not store if I go to another preset and come back the drive block is still off even if I stored it on in the preset in the axe fx and the mmgt.

I am confused on the master slave with the Axe fx 2 XL+ ? I will try turning off the update on preset change.

Also is there a way to set up a page button that will go to for instance page three and back to page one on one button on page one? I recently bought an infinty looper and would like to go directly to that page(Page 3) and back to page one?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
The normal "Axe=Fx II XL+" setting works like Fractal's own controller does - the Axe-Fx is in charge of updating the state of the buttons on the GT. For this to work, there needs to be a bidirectional MIDI connection between the two. The Axe-Fx section of the GT manual and the Axe-Fx video we have on our website go over this in detail. To select which effect blocks are on and which are off, the editing has to be done on the Axe-Fx.

The "Axe-Fx II XL+ (slave)" setting works the other way - the GT is in charge of its own buttons. You can edit on the GT itself, and use the IA Store button to save effect block states.

For the page button, you set up a button on page one that switches to page 3, and a button on page 3 that switches to page 1.

Ok I think where I am having the issue is with the update and send on program change, I misunderstood that. I was using the slave but also had the update and send on program change on so I think what was happening was it was cancelling the button storing when I recalled the Preset. I will turn these all off and go back to the slave mode.

So with the page button just set it up like a IA with the page action on each page?

The Slave setting should have all of the Update on Preset Change and Send on Preset Change settings turned on - the settings are all related and dependent on each other. If you'd like to send me your settings, I can have a look.

When I choose get presets the Scene 1 button is not selected even though the preset is set with that as default I have to select scene one and save the setting on the mmgt. Is that normal behaviour?

When I choose get presets the Scene 1 button is not selected even though the preset is set with that as default I have to select scene one and save the setting on the mmgt. Is that normal behaviour?

On a slave-configured setting, you probably should change the Scene buttons from the default. Turn off IA Link on all Scene buttons, Set Group to 1 on all scene buttons, and turn Send on Preset Change, Update on Preset Change ON for all Scene buttons. On the Globals tab, select Group 1, then make sure "Send off Messages" is turned off, and "Allow all off" is also turned off.

I think you helped me sort it out and I added the page button! Hurray and thanks! Please look at the attached file and make sure I didnt do anything stupid?

Thanks again!
Dave

Attachments

• DJC 9-6-17.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Looks good, but if you want to use IA mode to access the IA buttons underneath the preset buttons, you should turn on IA Link on those buttons plus the buttons on page 2 that control the same effects. This insures they remain in sync. For example, turning on Drive 1 on page 1 will automatically turn on Drive 1 on page 2.

Back