Hold button, jump to page

Josh Fry

How can I assign a button so that when I hold it down it takes me to a custom button page.. then assign that same button so that when I hold it down it takes me back.

I'm new here and trying to learn this stuff. Thanks!

- Josh

Double click on the button in the editor's Buttons page to edit. Set Button Mode to hold, then click Hold Functions at the top of the window. This lets you edit the behavior that happens when you hold the button.

Now, set button type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary, which should be on. Group should be None
Click New Action, set Action Type to System, subtype to Page, then set the page number to your desired page.
Click Done, and transfer settings to your PBC

That'll do it!

So I went to create a button page like this for my CBA pedals but it won’t access. This is for page four. First off, I always want the loops button to take me back to the previous page so I copied that first to page 4. I also titled page 4 -CBA. Then I followed the above to a T and wrote it to the pbc. The button Im using is 8, tuner mute, which is currently the default factory setting and when held down to take me to page 4.

So when I hold it down it flashes IA for a split second and that’s it, nothing else happens. I’m still on page 1.

I’ve read the tutorial and exhausted everything through searches here on the forum for this and a few other hang ups and I can’t believe after three weeks I still don’t have the pbc set up how I need it. So frustrating.

Did you set Max Page (on the Globals tab) to 4 or above?

If you'd like to send me your settings file, I'm happy to take a look.

Ok I did not so I’ll look into it a little later today.
Then after a get that 4th page to open up I gotta then figure out how to populate the buttons in such a way where I can scroll up or down through each CBA preset and the ability to create a CBA preset and save, all on that one page.
Good news is that I’ve been on a 6 week hiatus from electric and still have about 3 weeks left to get this bbq up and rolling.
How I think I want to ultimately set this up is by having, apart from the three standard pages, a two button page set up. One for the CBAs and one for the Strymons. I like the ideas that Jrogg uses. My goal would be able to create and save all my presets by using button pages rather than going into the set up page. Obvious I know, but to be able to edit and save presets on the fly during rehearsal is a must have for Sunday mornings.
Again, I appreciate all the help Ron. Thx!

Yeah it was the global setting. Ok so now it’s watching nfl and populating button pages on a Sunday afternoon. All good so far.

Back