Is there a Wet / Dry setup example somehere ?

Hebaton

I want to setup a wet / dry rig using two amps. How do I connect so time related effects go to only the loop of the wet amp and gain pedals go to the front of both amps ?

I cannot seem to find a way to route certain things to one amp, and others to the other. Can that be done ????

Typically, in a wet/dry setup the wet amp is a power amp or amp set clean. You wouldn't normally use an effect loop. The dry amp and dry effects generate all the base guitar tone, then it splits off to the wet effects and the wet amp. The dry signal only goes to the dry amp, the wet signal only goes to the wet amp.

For that split, you would typically use Out 5-6 on a PBC/10 or Insert Send on a PBC/6X to go to the dry amp's input. Then any loops after that would contain the wet effects. The main output then goes to the wet amp's input.

What amps are you using? Is all of your gain coming from pedals, or from the amp's preamp?

My plan was to have two amps dry ( I'll use an external A/B switch after the PCB10 output ) and one Wet. The dry amps are a Tweed deluxe and a JTM45 ( or an 18 watt ) The Wet amp would be some Fnnder high power amp, maybe a Twinn ... But If I go out the out 5-6 as suggested, then the drive pedals used before that will no rach the wet amp...

If you plug the dry amp into Out 5-6, but don't plug anything into In 7-10, the signal from 1-6 will also continue to loops 7-10.

OH, Well that makes things easier. Thank you !
THen I guess I should use output two for the Wet amp so I can use the isolation and phse reversal if necessary ?

OH, Well that makes things easier. Thank you !
THen I guess I should use output two for the Wet amp so I can use the isolation and phse reversal if necessary ?
Yes, that would be a good idea. Turn on the Mono Output switch, and the same wet signal will be present at both Output A and Output B.

Back