Issues with mono pedals in Loops 7/8

Nick Cooper

Ok...I've read all the threads I can find on this issue. I feel like I'm doing everything right but my first two pedals in the stereo loops just aren't sounding right. My chain in the last four loops goes as:

Mono -> stereo buton - OUT

Loop 7 - Chase Bliss Gravitas (series) - Alphatone Ring disconnect cable (send) Mono to stereo (return).
Loop 8 - Strymon Mobius (series) - Alphatone Ring disconnect cable (send) Mono to stereo (return).
*I've ordered insert cables, it was an upgrade from a mono pedal*
Loop 9 Strymon Timeline (parallel- kill dry) - Insert Cables in and out
Loop 10 Strymon BigSky (parallel- kill dry) - Insert Cables in and out

Both the Mobius and Gravitas sound extremely weak, even with the level turned all the way up. If I move either to Loop 2 or so, they sound fine. Am I missing something here?

If you have an ohmmeter, I'd recommend testing the cables:

Ring disconnect cable:
TS Tip connects to TRS tip, and not to ring or sleeve
TS sleeve connects to TRS sleeve (and not tip or ring)

Mono->stereo cable:
TS Tip connects to TRS tip AND TRS ring - and not sleeve
TS sleeve connects to TRS sleeve (and not tip or ring)

Also make sure that each cable's TRS plug is the one that plugs into the PBC. TS always goes to the pedal.

Another thought. Are normal patch cables ok to use from outputs A/B to a patch bay where instrument cables connect? Wondering if it’s a problem there instead

A and B outputs use standard TS cables, but I would definitely recommend trying without the patch bay just to eliminate another variable.

Turns out its something with the Kemper effects loop...switched (with all the same settings and cable routing) to a performance, and it's working fine...glad to know the board is working properly though! Thanks

Back