Jackson Audio Golden Boy - On/Off Preset Actions

Ers

Hi,
I set my Golden Boy to activate on a preset with a preset action, but when I change to a different preset, the Golden Boy does not turn off. How can I set my Golden Boy to turn on when I select that preset and turn off when I change to a different preset?

I use an IA for some of the settings on my Jackson Bloom. Set up an IA button on a button page (I have a "hidden" button page for IAs that I don't need to access directly - it's out of the range of button pages I can page up/down to navigate to).
Button Page.jpg

Assign it an IA ID, and then in the IA Actions section set up the CC toggle there, including what you want for the Off Value (probably 0 for off and 127 for on if it's a toggle).

IA Button Settings.jpg

Then in your Preset Actions create a System action that sets the IA, using the same ID. Note that the Off value of the IA handles the turning off, not the Preset Action's Off Value (I have "None" for the Off Value on the Preset Action).

1619680086214.png

Thanks for chiming in on this. I do recommend using hidden IA buttons instead of preset actions. If you wanted to use preset actions, you would have to add a action to every preset, turning the pedal on in presets where you want it on, and turning it off in presets where you want it off. Not ideal. So, your approach is good - but you're adding a step that's not necessary - the Set IA preset actions are not needed at all.

Instead of using a set IA action, go to the Presets tab's "Buttons" sub-tab. Click on the IA buttons that you want to have on for that preset. The Mastermind will take care of the rest. When you select the preset on the Mastermind, it will automatically turn on those IA buttons and force them to send their messages. Likewise, IA buttons that are turned off in that preset will also send their messages:

This video I did explains more about IA buttons and how to program them:

Very cool, thanks for that! I need to watch through these videos. Even though I know my way around the PBC, I’m nowhere near having mastered it yet.

Back