Keeping tails intact when switching presets

I use my mastermind this morning, live, for the first time. I couldn't be more pleased, for a first run thru. I programed my songs, put them in a setlist, and ran live largely without a problem.

The only issue I had was with the tails on presets from one to another. On several songs I go from a big, washy pad to overdrive on big chords. When going from the ambient preset to the overdrive, it abruptly cut off the natural decay of the pad. Is there a way to keep the tails when changing presets?

Check out the "Internal Line Mixer" section of the manual. It describes all of that in detail.

Curtis what verb and delay pedals are you using? If you run them in parallel and set trails to On, then it’ll do what you’re asking about. (That’s what Ron is talking about above).

Note, when going from series to parallel, you’ll have to run delay and verb mixes higher than previous to equal the same as before. Also, both pedals need to go to killdry mode if they have it.

I run this setup with a BigSky and Timeline. If you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:
Just beware that some (many?) delay and reverb pedals themselves won't spillover when you change their presets. If that's the case it has nothing to do with the PBC.

Just beware that some (many?) delay and reverb pedals themselves won't spillover when you change their presets. If that's the case it has nothing to do with the PBC.

This is true....I guess I should've asked more questions....

If you are going from a PBC preset that has on the reverb loop to another preset that has the loop ON as well....what I said above about parallel and trails means nothing...that only applies if you are going to a PBC preset that turns OFF the reverb (or delay) loop when it WAS on. Make sense?

Jim is right, when going from a big verb to a small one or something (same thing with delay) if the PBC is keeping the loop on, then it is all up to your pedal. Strymon (and Eventide, and I'm sure a bunch of others) have the ability to have "spillover", which means that the previous preset will trail into the next when you change the preset on THAT pedal. Make sure your pedals can do this and that it is on.

Back