Kindly help with my setup

tokrini

Hi,

I would like to ask you very kindly to help me with my setup. I have reviewed all the products rjm is offering but I am not sure what will be my best choice. I am going to list my gear.
Amp head Bogner Ecstasy 101 B with FX loop - 3 channels
Amp Head Soldano SLO 100 with serial FX loop - 2 channels
Pedals:
Wah wah
Tuner
Compressor
Vibe
Delay - T rex stereo
Chorus - Red Witch Empress stereo
Phaser - Red Witch Empress stereo
Noise supressor ISP G string pedal
EHX 2880 stereo looper
What would I like to achieve?

I want to be able to run both heads at the same time - clean Bogner + Soldano
rhythm Bogner 2nd channel + Soldano 2nd channel
lead Bogner 3rd channel + Soldano 2nd channel with booster
I would like to run some pedals in front of Bogner, some others in front of Soldano and some in front of both.
I would like to run all stereo pedals in the FX loop of Bogner and Soldano. These stereo pedals are not true streo, they have only one input and two outputs, second providing dry signal only. Honestly, this is not very clear to me, does it mean that they are actually mono only? Does it make sense to bother with stereo with these not true stereo pedlas?

I was thinking about 4 mini effects gizmo, one in front of Bogner, one in front of Soldano, one in the Bogner's FX loop and one in the Soldano's FX loop. To feed both front inputs I will use ABY switch. Guitar to input and two output to each input of the effects gizmo.

Does it make sense to you?
Would you recommend to go this way?
How would you connect ISP G string pedal? Is the rack ISP G string with stereo mod the only option?
My setup will probably grow so I would like to be able to add new pedals in the future.

Thank you very much for your help,

tomas k

For that number of effects, you can use one Effect Gizmo to control all of it. You'll have two groups of four loops each - each group can go in one location such as in front of one amp or in an amp's loop. There are also four independent loops, each of which can be wired anywhere you want. If this isn't enough to cover what you need, you can add another Effect Gizmo or one or more Mini Effect Gizmos to get the job done.

If your pedals only have mono inputs, they can't be connected to both amps at once. You'd either need to use some pedals on one amp and some on another, or you'll need two of each pedal. Likewise, you'll need a stereo G String or two of them to get your noise reduction. The stereo version will probably be the best bet.

Back