Labelling Your PBC Button Functions

stringtheorist

Is anyone labelling the buttons on their PBC? It seems to me with each button assigned to different functions according to page, usage could be confusing without labels. Who else finds visual aids useful, and if so what kind of labelling do you use? Simple text? Colour coded for each page/function? Kick-tags?

I label mine. I've been using the PBC mostly as an IA looper lately, so I've labeled mine with the pedal names over the buttons that control them, or in the case of my reverbs/delays the kind of delay or verb the button activates. Need to update some labels as the boost is not the SickAs, and the Klon is now the 808. Here's my board:

IMG_14341_zpsitsmfbne.jpg

Thanks! I think it was one of the first red ones. I was originally going to go with blue, but I'm glad I didn't.

Yes, I got a Brother P-Touch label maker from Staples and use that. It was relatively cheap ($30, I think), but I wish it had more options. It only has 3 font sizes, and you can't re-orient the writing sideways for labeling cables... other than that, I'd recommend it.

Yes, I got a Brother P-Touch label maker from Staples and use that. It was relatively cheap ($30, I think), but I wish it had more options. It only has 3 font sizes, and you can't re-orient the writing sideways for labeling cables... other than that, I'd recommend it.
Cheers; I'll check it out.

Back