"Local Page" question

JeremyKnibbs

Hey all,

I've gotten a lot more familiar with my PBC over the last couple of months, and I love it to bits.

I cannot, however, fathom the "Local Page" thing...

Perhaps someone could steer me in the right direction, if I throw a possible application out there;

I'm set up with Page 4 on my PBC being a "presets" page, with presets 1 through 10 all nicely lined up, and the top left button being my tuner/mute, with a hold function for return to page 1.

Now, I'd be interested in somehow having the button on page 4 that is currently me "lead tone", access another page with different combos of my drives and H9 presets, for instant access to different lead tones.

Is this a "Local Page" thing, or is it better just to make a button on page 4 that links to page 5, with more presets?

Cheers guys!

The idea for a local page is to have a unique button page specific to one preset. Some people use computer-based systems, or ones that have complex effect processors like the Axe-Fx. With a setup like that, you might have a particular effect that's only used in one preset and nowhere else. It would be a waste to allocate a button for that effect that takes up space all the time.

Let's say you have a specific harmonizer effect that you use only in one song, and you want to have an IA button that turns it on. You could create a local button page that is a lot like the Loops page, but has the harmonizer effect in place of one of the loop buttons. In every other preset, the button controls one of the internal loops, but on this one preset it controls a harmonizer effect in your effect processor or computer instead.

For your application, you should just use a global button page, as you suggest, because you'll want access to that page at any time, not just in a certain preset. On that new page, you can create IA buttons that have a System / Preset action that recalls a specific preset number.

The idea for a local page is to have a unique button page specific to one preset. Some people use computer-based systems, or ones that have complex effect processors like the Axe-Fx. With a setup like that, you might have a particular effect that's only used in one preset and nowhere else. It would be a waste to allocate a button for that effect that takes up space all the time.

Let's say you have a specific harmonizer effect that you use only in one song, and you want to have an IA button that turns it on. You could create a local button page that is a lot like the Loops page, but has the harmonizer effect in place of one of the loop buttons. In every other preset, the button controls one of the internal loops, but on this one preset it controls a harmonizer effect in your effect processor or computer instead.

For your application, you should just use a global button page, as you suggest, because you'll want access to that page at any time, not just in a certain preset. On that new page, you can create IA buttons that have a System / Preset action that recalls a specific preset number.
Hey there!

Thanks for the input!

So, if I want the top right button on my "page 4 - presets" page to be my "global button page" access, how would I assign that button to that job?

Where would I go in the editor to then assign the buttons on this "global button page"?

I assume I could assign one of the buttons on that "global button page" to be a "return to page 4" access button.

Edit button page 5 and assign the buttons as you like. On page 4, set one button to type IA, and turn on the Momentary checkbox. Then, add an action to the button that's type System / Page 5. And yes, you can then put an IA button with a System / Page 4 on page 5 to return to page 4.

FYI, all button pages 1-16 are considered global pages because they're accessible regardless of which preset you're on.

Awesome!

Will this work if I want to make my "lead tone" button be the one that accesses page 5?

It would be cool if it was like this;

I step on my lead tone button, and it calls up my low gain lead tone. Then, at the same time, it pops me over to page 5 where I can punch my different drive pedals and fuzz in and out of the "lead" preset.

I guess I should also ask if it's possible to have a few buttons on that "lead tone" page assigned to changing the delay preset on my H9... I'm still grappling with that unit and the CC/PC commands.

Thanks so much for the help!

Last edited:
There are a couple of ways to do it, but probably the one that would work best is to do the following:

- Turn on "Auto Page Select" in global settings
- Then, in each preset, set the "Show Page" setting to "Same Page"
- On your lead tone preset, set the "Show Page" setting to page 5

This will make it automatically switch to page 5 when you select the lead tone preset, but will not switch pages when you select other presets.

You can definitely add preset selection buttons on your new page. Set the button type to IA, and add a PC action to the button that has the number of your desired preset. If you have more than one IA button that recalls presets, set the Group number of each button to the same number. This will insure that pressing one button to select a preset will turn off the other buttons that select different presets.

Great stuff!

I've done exactly like you said... I set up some additional presets, then assigned some buttons on page 5 to those presets so I can switch between my drive pedals easily!

There are a couple of ways to do it, but probably the one that would work best is to do the following:

- Turn on "Auto Page Select" in global settings
- Then, in each preset, set the "Show Page" setting to "Same Page"
- On your lead tone preset, set the "Show Page" setting to page 5

This will make it automatically switch to page 5 when you select the lead tone preset, but will not switch pages when you select other presets.

You can definitely add preset selection buttons on your new page. Set the button type to IA, and add a PC action to the button that has the number of your desired preset. If you have more than one IA button that recalls presets, set the Group number of each button to the same number. This will insure that pressing one button to select a preset will turn off the other buttons that select different presets.
Sorry to keep crashing and burning on this one...

I have tried to set up the Page 5 thing for my lead sounds, and it's almost bang on. I tried setting up extra presets for my lead sounds, and linking those presets to buttons on Page 5... So far, so good.

I'm running into problems when I've gone from the lead preset that takes me to Page 5, to one of my others on that page. I can switch around between them just fine, but when I press my "back to Page 4" button things go squirrelly.

The page seems to cycle back ok, on the surface (all the correct lights come back on for my Page 4 set up, and there's a little box on the screen that says "Page 4") but when I try and step on one of my presets on that page, I get the lead sound presets from Page 5!

Unless, I stay in the same lead sound preset, then press "back to page 4", in which case the system works fine.

Would I be better off having IA links on Page 5 for my drive pedals instead of presets links? Would that stop the snafu?

On page 4 and page 5, are you using IA buttons or Preset buttons to recall presets? Unless you're using IA buttons on both pages, selecting a preset on one page will affect the visible presets on the other page.

For example, let's say you've got normal preset buttons on page 4, and IA buttons on page 5. Your bank is set to presets 1-5, so that's what's displayed on page 4. On page 5, you have IA buttons that recall presets 21-25. If you press one of those (let's say preset 23), it will load preset 23 and set the current bank to presets 21-25. If you switch back to page 4, you will see presets 21-25 (because preset buttons always display the presets in the current bank).

I think that you and others are looking for is a way to assign certain range of presets to a specific page, making the bank concept more flexible. I'm trying to figure out a good way to do that. Hopefully I will come up with something soon...

Back