Macro Off Help

coborgen

I feel like I'm missing something, so I apologize ahead of time if I am, but I've searched the forum and help videos. I set up a macro (slot 0) to send a couple cc messages to turn a couple settings on and then to turn them back off when the macro is turned off. It works well if I assign it to a button (System/Macro off:0 on:0). It turns the settings on when turning the button on and then turns them back off when turning the button off.

The issue I'm having is with assigning the macro to a preset change. Under Preset Actions, there's only the "Macro On" setting, and when I switch to a different preset nothing sends the macro off command. Am I missing a global setting or something somewhere where we can send a "macro off" command when switching from a preset that had a "macro on" setting in the preset actions?

As you discovered, there is no "off" in preset actions. They only run "on" actions. You can either create a macro that's forced to the off state, or if you have a button that performs that same function, use it instead.

To create the off macro, make a macro that has the same action(s) as the original one, but check the "Force state" checkbox and then set the state to off. This will make the Macro work as if a button was being turned off, regardless of how it was activated.

Or, if you already have a button that's doing what you need, just turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. Then in the Presets tab, you can turn program the button to turn on or off for each preset, and it will automatically send the appropriate messages. With this method, you won't need preset actions at all.

Back