Make a switch go to page 1 or 'local page'

Talesmusic

Hi, I use two external buttons for page up and page down and with a hold button so that it returns to page one. But is it possible to set up this hold button so that it returns to page 16 (local page) instead of 1 when it has one?

So it always returns to page 1 if it doesn't have a local page, but if the preset has a local page, it returns to page 16

There's no ability to do conditional if/then stuff, I'm sorry to say. I originally thought that there could be a workaround, but since you need it to change what that button does on every page, nothing I came up with seems workable.

I had an idea (and even if it's bollocks, it will answer a couple of queries I now have):

If your page limit setting is say 8 pages (like mine), what happens when you ask it to go to 16? I presume it always goes there if there's a local page? What happens if there isn't?

If the answer is it goes to 16 anyway, then does the page limit setting only limit page up/down, not direct page requests? If not, I guess you could update S/W so if page 16 is requested it goes to the local page, but if there is no local page and 16 is beyond the page limit, it goes to page 1?

Although maybe people use page limits to limit page up/down, but direct-access other pages beyond them? But I thought I read somewhere that it ignores anything beyond the page limit (cuz I never worry what crap I have beyond my max page that could link to or confuse other buttons in used pages as I thought anything beyond page limit was effectively non-existent to the Mastermind/PBC, except a local page - but maybe I'm wrong!)

But if the answer is calling page 16 goes there if there's a local page and does nothing if there isn't and it's beyond max page, then I guess there's maybe still some opportunity for this feature request without implementing complex if's and or's throughout user programming (although I have no idea of the underlying architechture, so hence it might still be too tricky without big changes)?

Also now begs the question (since I've never used local pages with my LT, but recently just added one to one patch for my new PBC 10 board build Im yet to take to practice or gig, and there'll likely be many more to come):
I thought although the local page is *technically* 16 and stored there, but it kinda replaces 1 when in that patch? So if I'm on a patch with local buttons, then hit my "loops" or other IA page button (both of which are also on the local page), then hit my usual "go to page 1 button" (which in my head is "being" the local button page), does it take me back to the local buttons, or to the plain vanilla page 1 (where my extra custom buttons for the current patch no longer exist)?

I was thinking I was vaguely interested in this question, but have no intention of doing this myself. But thinking about it I'd now have to look at my programming on the new PBC as I have a few "back to page 1" buttons from various pages that I've probably presumed would go back to my local page if it exists for the current patch, rather than plain vanilla main preset page 1. This may be very relevant to me too!

Also makes me ponder if I'm on "local page" and go "up" does that take me to vanilla page 1 (because it's the first page after the last), or does it take me to page 2 (because 16 is temporarily pretending to be 1)? I've clearly made a load of presumptions about local buttons so far that I'm now not sure of! :p

Last edited:
If the current preset has a local page, then page 16 is always available, even if Max Page is set to something lower than 16.

Currently, there's no way to do a conditional action, something like "go to page 16 or page 1 depending on whether page 16 exists."

I think that probably the option that makes the most sense is to add a special value "Preset", so that if you have an action System / Page page:preset, it will load the page specified in the current preset, in the Show Page parameter. Basically, it will bring you back to the page that automatically loads when you load that preset. I'll look into this for the next release.

Hi Ron! So you’re saying if you do that, we could just replace any “go to page ‘1’” programming with a future “go to page ‘preset’” and that’d then give local if it exists, 1 if it doesn’t?

Sounds good to me!

Back