Make an IA Button start 'on'?

kiesshauer

I have an IA button that basically just mutes (input #1 and #2 off) when you toggle it on. I'd love for that button to start 'on' (muted) when the Mastermind starts up, but can't seem to figure out how to make that happen with a macro or otherwise. Thoughts?

I can't really think of a way to do that that will work in all cases. There are some partial solutions, but they all have drawbacks. Maybe the best one I can think of is to make preset #1 a mute preset and have that button turn on in that preset, and have it turn off in all other presets.

It probably would be overridden by the preset-level settings. The startup macro would run, then the first preset would load and would set the state of all inputs, loops, etc. to whatever's stored in the preset. You could set your first preset to turn them off, but that would turn them off every time the preset was selected. Hence my idea of a preset specifically for muting.

Hi.
I use the PBC in setlist mode in one band, and with just some presets in another band.
The way its setup in both situations is that the first song is called "Setup" and have a mute preset first.
After that comes some clean, dirt etc. presets. The whole purpose for this "setup" song is to be able to start muted, and for soundtjeck.

Then when moving to song nr. 2 its either the first song in the set or a song containing the general presets I use. Depending on which band.
Maybe this way on setting it up could help you.

Back