mark iv mini amp gizmo-no instruction sheet

aalev123

I just received the mini amp gizmo but no instruction sheet came with cable - Can anyone tell me how to configure the mini amp gizmo and the boogie mark iv- What does boogie need to set to external switching or footswitch ? what do you need to press on mini amp gizmo when firing it up? thanks --

Re: mark iv mini amp gizmo-

I was able to get the mini amp gizmo to communicate with the MK iv - but I cant figure out how to get the GC to call up a patch on gizmo - I set it and hit write and the thing starts blinking but it isn't saved on the ground control - Any one ?

Re: mark iv mini amp gizmo-

aalev123 said:
I was able to get the mini amp gizmo to communicate with the MK iv - but I cant figure out how to get the GC to call up a patch on gizmo - I set it and hit write and the thing starts blinking but it isn't saved on the ground control - Any one ?
Sounds like you haven't got the Ground Control sending out Program Change instructions. I'm not particularly familiar with the unit, but I know the Amp Gizmo will need to receive MIDI PC numbers so it knows which patch to call up... unless you're doing it all by Control Change numbers, but that's a whole lot more work. I'm sure Ron will chime in with the proper advice soon enough :)

Looks like I'm late to the party, but from your other post it looks like a Ground Control update is needed. Once you do that, program the Amp Gizmo using the Ground Control (as GCX#2), don't use the front panel buttons on the Mini Amp Gizmo. Be sure to turn on "GCX mode" on the Mini Amp Gizmo as well.

Back