Mastermind equivalent to Fractal FC "Smart bypass"

bmk5140

Hey gang, I had a GT22 for a while back in 2019... I swapped it out for an FC-12 when my number came up (and I wasn't even touching the GT's capabilities at the time) but I'm going to be missing the GT as my setup is starting to become a MIDI monster as I move more toward experimental sounds. My question is, has anyone worked out a way to replicate the functionality of the Fractal FC's "smart bypass" mode? My goal is this: have four buttons set up to select channels on a Axe-FX III block. You press one and it cancels the others - this is done on the GT with groups and works great. I would also like the second press of the active channel to bypass the block, and stepping on an inactive channel for a bypassed block to set the block to active and change the channel - just like smart bypass works on the FC.

I tried to work this out when I had the unit and though Ron and the crew here were super helpful we never could quite work out the same functionality. We could get it to do what I wanted, sort of, but we couldn't sort out how to have the unit both behave correctly AND indicate the state of things correctly. I'm using this feature quite a bit on the FC but I could see myself quickly moving back to the GT22 if I could duplicate this functionality.

Thanks!

Edit: I should've searched first, but... I see there is a very similar question to mine but with no concrete result at the end of the thread. Still curious to see that others have worked out.

This should be able to be done with groups and group actions. Have you tried setting up up with recent firmware?

I haven't been able to try anything since 2019 when we were trying to work it out then. I'm pondering buying the GT22 again and was wondering if anyone had got this functionality up and running.

Back