MASTERMIND FIRMWARE / EDITOR 4.4.2 RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a new release for you, with some bug fixes and user requested features. Please test it out if you have the time!

FEATURES:
  • Support for Strymon Iridium, Chase Bliss Blooper and Mood
  • Tapped in tempos are now preserved when switching presets within a song, if preset tempos are set to Song, or if "Ignore Preset Tempos" is turned on.
  • Added two special values to the ExpPedal action: "Same" does nothing, and "Send" sends the expression pedal's current value again
  • "Decimal Tempo" setting controls whether tempos are displayed with one decimal place or as whole numbers only
  • Added setting to reverse Bank MSB and Bank LSB CCs for incoming bank selection
  • Added the ability to enable the Tuner Out on the PBC/6X itself

BUG FIXES:
  • Loops and other audio features can now be controlled over USB
  • A button that controls multiple loops will now update the state any other buttons that control the same loops
  • Fixed button name display in IA Mode
  • Hid a lot of options that don't apply to the PBC/6X
  • Turning on "Update on Preset Change" on a button will now disable state updates from an Axe-Fx III, like it does on previous models
  • Kemper tuner and tempo now work even if Ignore Incoming CC is turned on
  • Fixed state update of Kemper Reverb button
  • Fixed a bug that prevented long Sysex messages from being sent over USB. (This happened when using more than one Sysex action to build a longer message)
  • Fixed Axe-Fx tuner that was off by 1 cent
  • Fixed warnings when running editor in MacOS Catalina
  • Fixed potential memory corruption issue
FIXES IN VERSION 4.4.1:
  • Added support for Jackson Audio Bloom and Broken Arrow V2
  • Fixed a bug that prevented PBC/6X insert loop from working correctly when set to mono in / stereo out
  • Fixed a bug that prevented tapped tempos from being preserved when switching between presets in the same song
  • Fixed Preset -/+ buttons - they were not updating the preset button LEDs correctly
  • Tap tempo flashes now work when set to MIDI clock slave
  • Fixes to copy & paste in editor - hold & cycle data are now copied correctly. Copying to and from local pages works now. Copying global buttons should no longer cause trouble.
FIXES IN VERSION 4.4.2:
  • Added support for Source Audio Collider
  • Fixed System / Setlist up/down actions to skip empty setlists
  • Group actions would not execute on power up if all buttons were off in the group. Fixed it so that group actions always execute on power up, regardless of state.
  • Fixed sysex send over USB (again)
  • Fixed right-click menu in editor

TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your Mastermind. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

-OR-

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Use the Transfer / Update Firmware menu option to update the Mastermind. This works with the PBC/6X and PBC/10s made after March 2019.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MM442.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-4.4.2.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-4.4.2.zip

PBC/6X Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC6X/PBC6X Manual-4.3.pdf
PBC/10 Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/PBC Manual-4.2.pdf

Editor Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki (not yet updated for 4.4)

Last edited:
  • Tapped in tempos are now preserved when switching presets within a song, if preset tempos are set to Song, or if "Ignore Preset Tempos" is turned on.
Hi Ron,
this sounds great, but I can't get this to work yet. Is there a setting you have to enable first?
I have all presets in a song set to "song", but when I tap a tempo on preset 1 and then switch to preset 2, the tempo goes back to the song tempo. I am in setlist mode.
Thank you!

Has anyone had success using the Mastermind Firmware/Editor 4.4.0 release?
I have only seen one comment above about the Tap Tempo Update which appears to be unresolved.
Thanks

Has anyone had success using the Mastermind Firmware/Editor 4.4.0 release?
I have only seen one comment above about the Tap Tempo Update which appears to be unresolved.
Thanks

It does appear that the tap tempo preserving feature has something wrong with it, but that's the only issue that's been reported so far.

I had a problem updating to this from 4.3.2. After updating I lost all my setting and when I try to resend them back to the device it doesn't work as it still blank. As soon as I press on any button it just makes a clinking noise and rotates between all presets. Presets now only start at 21.
I did a factory reset and then went back to 4.3.2 but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Yes. It only makes clicks noise and won’t change presets. The screen flashes after I click one button and I have to power down to get it to stop.
And I can’t reload my presets back onto the pcb.
I read someone else had a problem after they tried to update 4.3.2 and you told them to reformat pcb drive down was going to try that and then do update again and lastly load settings.

Just did factory reset and then reformatted the flash drive. I reloaded settings and went back one version from early April (only missing one preset I had been working on recently) in case settings were corrupted.
Unfortunately still didn’t make any difference. I’m not sure what else I can do to reset and start over......?

Does it work correctly if if you factory reset and don't load your settings on it? Will it respond to button presses ok?

After doing this again and now reloading previous version of settings, it now seems to be working. I have updated to 4.4.2. However, did something change in tap tempo? Either my tap tempo button no longer works or isn't set correctly. It used to update every time I changed the tempo via my foot. Now it seems to be set at either 85 bpm or 166 bpm and doesn't respond to my foot taps.

I haven't gotten to using the pbc in song or setlist mode yet.

Looks like there are some new settings in Global, specifically auto tap. Mine was set to 0 so changed to two (I presume that means it takes two taps to determine tempo?) Also turned on show tempo and ignore preset tempos.

In the button page for tap tempo, It is listed as normal mode button then IA mode button type. It is set to flash with tempo, but global is off. Should it be on? In IA settings it is set to update on preset change.

All of my presets have tempo set to same.

Looks like there are some new setting in global that pertain to tempo. Now I have show tempo and ignore preset tempos. In Auto tap I just changed it to 2 and macro is 0. I I presume this means it will use two foot taps to determine tempo?

In the button for tap tempo, Its a normal mode button, with button type as IA mode. It's set to flash with tempo and update on preset change.

My presets have tempo set to same or off.

Auto tempo is for tap tempo output, not input. You can use it to send tempo taps to other devices through the Function Switch output or MIDI. It doesn't affect how tap tempo buttons are processed on the Mastermind.

I'll look to see if I can reproduce any tap tempo issues, as soon as I can.

Auto tempo is for tap tempo output, not input. You can use it to send tempo taps to other devices through the Function Switch output or MIDI. It doesn't affect how tap tempo buttons are processed on the Mastermind.

I'll look to see if I can reproduce any tap tempo issues, as soon as I can.

Sorry hit the wrong button a moment ago.

So when I use the tap tempo button I set up the pbc doesn’t display a changing tempo. Also this doesn’t seem to be sending to h9 and timeline.

So was just working on it more and when I tap tempo the pbc screen quickly changes to what ever I just tapped in (56, 120, etc.) but one second later it just goes back to 85 bpm and does not change. Maybe the H9 changes tempo but the timeline seems unresponsive.

Had been working fine in 4.3.2 but when I go back to that now I still have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back