Mastermind GT 2.0 beta 3 firmware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mastermind GT 2.0 beta 2 firmware!

Thanks Ron, It actually worked later on last night from the normal link... Thanks again...!!
:)

rjmmusic said:
Ok, beta 2 is now available - see the top of this thread.

There's one known issue - settings transfer isn't working correctly when MIDI clock is set to Master. This is something that still needs to be worked on.

Please give it a try - let me know if the problems you were seeing are fixed - or not.

Ah .. . . that may be what was causing my issues. I had my GT set to Master clock and was not able to xfer settings to and from the editor.
Once I get home I will shut off clock and see if I can xfer, to confirm if that was indeed the problem.

Beta 3 now available for your weekend enjoyment!

New features:

"IA Link" setting for buttons. This is an important one because it may change how your configuration works. It used to be that two (or more) IA buttons that have the same first action in their list will be linked. That is, turning one on will turn the others on, and turning one off will turn the other off. This feature was created with the best of intentions, but it seems that it causes more confusion than it's worth.

To remedy this without getting rid of the feature entirely, buttons will only link together if they have the same first action in their list AND the buttons have "IA Link" turned on.

Preset Actions You can now assign actions to presets like you can to buttons. You can have 10 actions per preset, generating any messages you like. These actions are separate from the PC messages stored in the preset, and any messages generated by IA button changes.

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed some bugs in external switch handling, in both the editor and GT
- Momentary buttons now light up when held
- Fixed the problem where various "noisy" MIDI options like MIDI Clock, MIDI Merge and Remote Mode would mess up settings transfer
- Fixed an issue in upgrading from 1.4.x when you have a Kemper.
- Fixed handling of presets beyond the first MIDI bank in the Kemper.
- Fixed drag & drop of buttons in editor

Download links are at the top of the thread. As always, keep the bug reports coming!

Hi Ron,

thanks for this update. It seems like my Axe FX II XL now runs flawlessly with the MMGT16. What doesn't work is if I add a CC in "Edit Buttons" (on the MMGT) the name for the function is not updated. For instance if I use type "IA" and choose "chorus1" the button will be automatically named "IA". In one of your videos I thought I saw that the name of the corresponding device was automatically shown...

And here is my wish for my personal killer feature:

Individual page orders per preset: Meaning that I would love to be able to switch for example between Page1 and Page13 in one preset and in the next one between Page2 and Page9. This could be very helpful - at least for the way I handle those different pages...

Thanks a lot for your great support!

Laurentius

The way it works now, adding a CC action to a button under Edit Buttons will not change the name of the button. If you go into Edit Devices and select Assign CCs (which is what I do in the videos, if I recall correctly), it will set the name based on the CC. Also, in the editor, right clicking on a button and selecting Assign CC will also set both the CC action and the name.

The user definable page order is a good idea. I will think about that one...

Superb. Midi CCs from External Switches are now being sent correctly!

However, i'm finding that External Switch settings per preset aren't saving correctly sometimes...seems to have some bugs. I am editing in the GT and not with the editor.

Hi Ron,

would the following be possible with the additional hold-function for each button?

Let's say I have one IA-button for toggling my tape delay in the AxeFX on/off. Now I would love to hold the same button to activate an endless feebdack (hold-function in the axe-delay block). But hitting the button also deactivates the delay since the button is defined to toggle on/off.

On Strymon devices like the Timeline the delay on/off switch works exactly like I described. Hitting it quickly toggles; holding it longer activates the endless feedback function without toggling.

If that would be possible I'd be very happy ;-)

Cheers,
L.

Once a button is set to hold mode, the normal function won't activate at all if you hold it long enough to activate the hold function. To activate the normal function, the button has to be pressed and released in a certain amount of time.

I'm not sure, however, if a hold button can also be momentary (turning off when you release it). I'll have to check that.

Hold buttons can't be momentary right now, but it will be possible in the final 2.0, which should be out in the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back