Mastermind GT start up issues

Cristopher Hunt

I'm on firmware 3.4.2 with an Axe FX +. When MM first powers up, it goes from the preset i had turned it off on (around 400) and starts immediately dropping in number, till it gets to page 1. If you tap the page up slowly it does ok, but if you get in a hurry, then it slides up to the opposite end of the spectrum. Help?

Also, now, when i hit both buttons, then go to system settings, it automatically says "updating firmware", then the buttons blank one at a time on the left hand side saying MMGTB Boot 1.0 Programming... a progress bar comes up, when it's done, it shifts to the box below it, then it just keeps going with nothing really happening. ??????

It sounds like you have a GT with a bad switch. Early GTs have switches that can get stuck in the down position. Try this... go into the setup menu. Select System Functions, then System Info. Let me know what is says on the Switches line.

I don't think this applies here, but also check your external switches if you have any. Using the wrong external switch will do the same thing if it's assigned to bank down, and you're using the wrong kind of switch.

it started descending as soon as i plugged it in, but i rapidly pressed the bank down button, far bottom right on the mmgt16 and it stopped descending. it might be a bad switch. got a fix for that?

Ok, are you using the RJM specific Mission pedals? If not, the buttons are not going to work correctly. First thing to do is unplug them and see if the problem goes away.

If that's not it, please contact me at support at rjmmusic dot com. With the early units, which I believe yours is, we recommend replacing all of the switches in the unit.

It looks like something someone else recently reported. I think the tempo changes are screwing with bank selection. I will look into it as soon as I can.

I just went in and reverted to 3.3.1 and restored my settings, and it seems to work fine for now. Looking forward to the new stuff though!

Back