Mastermind PBC switching randomly

German B

Just finished playing a show. My mastermind kept on switching all by itself to preset 5. It happened on every song. It just randomly does it. It happened once before just a couple of times, but tonight it was bad, every 10 or 20 seconds it would switch to preset number 5. I'd swith to the right preset and it jumps right back! Needless to say it was a terrible show. Has this happened to anybody? I unplugged the unit and everything and it just kept on doing it.

I haven't heard of this happening to others, but I definitely recommend contacting me via email so we can figure out what's going on.

Just finished playing a show. My mastermind kept on switching all by itself to preset 5. It happened on every song. It just randomly does it. It happened once before just a couple of times, but tonight it was bad, every 10 or 20 seconds it would switch to preset number 5. I'd swith to the right preset and it jumps right back! Needless to say it was a terrible show. Has this happened to anybody? I unplugged the unit and everything and it just kept on doing it.

I have the same problem did you get it figured out?
It just started on my last show randomly but not consistently like you.
Hopefully you found what the problem was and can let me know.

I have the same problem did you get it figured out?
It just started on my last show randomly but not consistently like you.
Hopefully you found what the problem was and can let me know.
Yeah, it had to do with static and power. There were two things that i changed that made the problem go away (so far). #1 The pedal plugged into loop 5 (the loop that kept switching on) is a line6 M9 and I was powering it with 12v instead of the recommended 9v from my power supply. So I connected it to a 9v instead. #2 The ground prong on the cable that goes into the electricity to power the whole board was broken, so i replaced the power strip for a new one.

When i had the problem it seemed like the place had a lot to do with how bad the problem was. Since I made the changes seems like the unit is stable, but i havent gotten to test it in many different places yet. Big shout out to Ron for helping me out through the ordeal, he's definetely a great guy and went above and beyond to find the issue.

Hope it helps!

Make sure you're running the latest firmware. In some releases, static electricity could trigger the switches. In 3.1.4 and later, the sensitivity is decreased so that doesn't happen anymore.

Back