Mastermind > Timefactor > Mini Effect Gizmo > Y-Not

spuddle

Having an issue at the moment with RJM units seeming to lose communication with each other.

I have the MIDI cables wired up as:
Mastermind > Timefactor > Mini Effect Gizmo > Y-Not

All units are powered from a single Voodoo labs pedal power 2+ (Timefactor powered from combined outlets 5 & 6. RJM units powered from outlets 1, 2 and 3. ).
I have a Boss RV-5 (outlet 4), 80s Proco Rat (outlet 7), Ibanez AF-9 (outlet 8) and Deluxe Memory Man (curtesy outlet on back of PP2+) as well.

Everything functions fine initially when turned on and the Mastermind will switch presets on all units but quite quickly thereafter it will stop doing so. If I pull out the MIDI thru from the TF, it will sometimes reset it.
I have a feeling that there is not enough juice going through to powering everything which is leading to erratic be switching behavior.

Anyone have any insights into this arrangement and behavior?
I would like to add a tuner in there as well but am out of power outlets unless I chain something but don't want to overload the rig...

Myles

You're already overloading your power supply. The PedalPower 2+ only puts out 100mA on outlets 1-4, and you've got a MasterMind (200mA), Mini Effect Gizmo (200mA) and Y-Not (150mA) plugged into them. I'm surprised it even works initially; there's no way the power supply can sustain that kind of output long-term.

Ouch!
Better place an order in for an upgraded Power Supply then.. Looks like the Cioks DC10 may serve my needs, or one of the newer Voodoo Labs 4x4 / Mondo etc.

400mA seems overkill for powering a 250/200mA unit but it would be safe correct?

Yes, using an output with a higher current rating than needed is fine. Just don't use one with a higher voltage than required!

Thanks for the tip :)
I have a CIOKs DC10 on the way, should hopefully take care of all the power requirements on this board.

Back