MIDI CC Access to Button/Switch Presses on all MM Devices

SBailor

Hello, all.

I'm new to RJM's forums.

I did a couple of searches in effort to ensure that I didn't duplicate someone else's request.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to be able to press buttons (of the current page) of any of the Mastermind products via MIDI. In particular, I'd like to use MIDI to press the "external" buttons/switches but I assume that implementing for those would be the same as implementing for all buttons.

I don't intend to prescribe the implementation of such a request; rather, I simply assume that you'd expose this via a cc message. My next guess would be that you'd implement as a "system" action type available through remote execution of a preset via MIDI PC message.

Thanks a bunch!

Steven

There is a way to do this - it may not exactly be what you're looking for, but it's what we have right now. This only works for IA buttons, but you can do almost anything with those.

- Create a device list entry for whatever you're using to control the Mastermind. Set the channel to an unused channel, and set the MIDI port correctly.
- On each IA button you'd like to control, Turn on the CC Link checkbox. Also, add a CC Toggle action to the button. Set it up to send some CC number to your controller device you created in the last step. This CC Toggle action has to be the first action in the list. You can add other actions to the button if you like.

Now, when that CC numbers comes in on that channel, it will control the button. Value 0-63 will turn the button off, 64-127 will turn it on.

Back