MIDI Clock Duration + Meris Polymoon

Natty84

I'm encountering an issue with syncing the Meris Polymoon (delay) to MIDI clock from the PBC10. After getting some insight from the Meris team I've learned that the Polymoon is quite sensitive to MIDI clock reading and any latency or variation between pulses make it reset its delay line.

The Polymoon has two settings which are relevant to the issue - Trails (spillover of repeats across prests/bypass) and Glide (morphs the repeats to the updated clock). When Trails and Glide are turned on and I change presets or divisions Glide will morph the repeats and give the delay warbles. Cool in some situations... Not in others. The solution is to turn off Glide... No more morphing.

However, the quirk with the Polymoon is that with Glide turned off the delay line is picking up some variation in clock timing (even without change preset) and is constantly resetting which in practice kills all repeats. The Polymoon is connected to the Disaster Area box via a standard patch cable.

Meris's suggestion is to turn off MIDI clock after it sends a short number of clock pulses (e.g. 4). I can't see an easy way of doing this in the editor.

TL/DR: Polymoon with Glide off needs super stable MIDI clock to receive continuously and not fritz out. The workaround is to limit the number of clock pulses sent. Is there a way to do this with the PBC?

Ron that would be awesome to include in a (hopefully soon) update.

This is the second Meris pedal and I love their sounds but they certainly do have odd little quirks in the functionality.

Back