MIDI parameters

Alexander

I searched the manual but the relationship between BIDIRECTIONAL MIDI, IGNORE CC IN and IGNORE PC IN is still a little unclear to me.

It seems that when I connect the GT with a single 7-pin cable and have BIDIRECTIONAL enabled, the setting IGNORE PC IN is overruled. Is that correct?

Does this apply to IGNORE CC IN too in that scenario, and maybe other params?

Bidirectional MIDI enables the extra two pins on the MIDI connectors, allowing you to use a single cable out of the GT.
Ignore Incoming PCs does nothing on the Axe-Fx III. It does work on the II, where the II has a specific Sysex message it sends when you change presets.
Ignore Incoming CCs shuts off most of the status messages from the Axe-Fx, most notably, the effect block status messages.

Bidirectional MIDI enables the extra two pins on the MIDI connectors, allowing you to use a single cable out of the GT.
Ignore Incoming PCs does nothing on the Axe-Fx III. It does work on the II, where the II has a specific Sysex message it sends when you change presets.
Ignore Incoming CCs shuts off most of the status messages from the Axe-Fx, most notably, the effect block status messages.

Do both IGNORE commands rely on the MIDI RECEIVE CHANNEL setting, or is that ignored when BIDIRECTIONAL is enabled?

Do both IGNORE commands rely on the MIDI RECEIVE CHANNEL setting, or is that ignored when BIDIRECTIONAL is enabled?

The ignore PC/CC commands operate on sysex messages from the Axe-Fx, the MIDI receive channel setting has no effect on them.

MIDI Receive Channel is separate from all those other settings. When set, it will respond to any PC or Bank messages coming in on the selected channel. It's not specific to the Axe-Fx or any device. In general, it's intended to allow remote selection of presets from a computer, but it can be used for any purpose where you need to change presets on the GT from another device.

Back