Mini Amp Gizmo and Providence PEC-2 controller/looper

AdeWalker

Hi,

Thanks for a very informative site and useful forum!

Will I be able to use the Mini Amp Gizmo with my Providence PEC-2 controller/looper? I believe the answer is "yes", but would like to check before I buy the MAG.

Assuming I'm right, do you know if I can power the PEC-2 from the MAG? If not (ie each needs its own power supply), will I need a special MIDI cable for connecting the two units so that the phantom power supply from the MAG is disabled? (Forgive me if this is a silly question - I'm a new to MIDI-related things!) :)

Thanks!

The PEC-2 can be set up to send program change messages, so it should work very well with the Mini Amp Gizmo.

It looks like the PEC-2 does not accept phantom power, so it would not be able to be powered by the Mini Amp Gizmo.

Thanks for your speedy reply. Much appreciated! :)

It looks like the PEC-2 does not accept phantom power, so it would not be able to be powered by the Mini Amp Gizmo.
Ok, thanks for the feedback. So, powering the two units separately and connecting them with a standard MIDI cable will be safe?

Thanks again!

Yes definitely. Separate power supplies and standard 5-pin MIDI cables will always work.

Back