Mini Effect Gizmo X Trails mode?

EVHGuy1111

Hey,

I'm new to the RJM family. Setting things up with my MEGX and MMLT... I'm very much liking the quality and use of this company's products.

One thing that I just thought of (not a deal breaker, I love these RJM products)... and perhaps its in the manual that I am still getting through to become a master at the MEGX and MMLT:

Does the MEGX (or perhaps its the footswitcher of choice that dhandles this) have a trails mode so the guitar signal of a previous preset trails off when a new preset is clicked?

Cool... anyways, keep on keepin' on everyone!

Hey,

I'm new to the RJM family. Setting things up with my MEGX and MMLT... I'm very much liking the quality and use of this company's products.

One thing that I just thought of (not a deal breaker, I love these RJM products)... and perhaps its in the manual that I am still getting through to become a master at the MEGX and MMLT:

Does the MEGX (or perhaps its the footswitcher of choice that dhandles this) have a trails mode so the guitar signal of a previous preset trails off when a new preset is clicked?

Cool... anyways, keep on keepin' on everyone!
There are two ways you can accomplish this:

1). If the pedal you're trying to have trails on has MIDI capability, and has trails capability built in, you can keep the pedal's loop on at all times and use your LT to send commands to bypass the pedal, which would trigger the pedals' internal trails feature. You can still use the MEGX loop to change the pedal's position in the loop order.

2). Add a small line mixer to the MEGX and create a parallel effect routing. This will give you trails by default. I've attached a diagram showing the Mini Line Mixer we used to have but are currently not making. It has a wiring diagram that may be helpful. We have not announced anything yet, but there will be something available this year that will help with this case.

Attachments

• MLM-1 Example.pdf
    227.3 KB · Views: 32
... We have not announced anything yet, but there will be something available this year that will help with this case.

This was written in February - any sneak peek that can be offered yet? Is it to with parallel effect routing?

Resyn

The Micro Line Mixer is almost done. We had some last minute changes, but hopefully it won't be more than a few weeks. It'll work in the same parallel configuration as the Mini Line Mixer above.

2). Add a small line mixer to the MEGX and create a parallel effect routing. This will give you trails by default. I've attached a diagram showing the Mini Line Mixer we used to have but are currently not making. It has a wiring diagram that may be helpful.
I've been studying the diagram you provided to see what I will need to purchase beyond the nex MICRO LINE MIXER when it comes out.

Upon studying the diagram I have a question. Does this type of trails setup result in:
1. Trails just from the Dry Amp?
2. Trails just from the Wet Amp (1OO% Wet)?
3. Trails from both Amps?

With a Wet/Dry/Wet setup, delay and reverb only come from the wet amps, so trails will only be in the wet amps.

I misunderstood, when I wrote my last response, I thought you had two wet amps.

If you want trails coming out of both speakers, you no longer have a wet/dry system. In a wet/dry system, all the delay and reverb are coming out of the wet amp (only), so that's the only place that trails would happen.

I misunderstood, when I wrote my last response, I thought you had two wet amps.

If you want trails coming out of both speakers, you no longer have a wet/dry system. In a wet/dry system, all the delay and reverb are coming out of the wet amp (only), so that's the only place that trails would happen.
I understand in a Wet/Dry Rig, the wet effects only come out of the Wet Speaker.

So, there’s no way to rig the signal chain to have the dry signal trail along with the wet signal trail.

EXAMPLE: I’m asking if it’s possible to strum a chord, click to a new preset and have that chord continue with the full sound of Wet and Dry signals.

WHAT IT SEEMS YOUR SAYING: I’ll strum a chord and click to another preset, the Dry Signal Speaker will stop and only the Wet Signal Speaker will continue (and if it is a 1OO% Wet signal, the sound will be ghostly and not a robust sound).

Is my assessment correct?
And if so, is there a way to achieve both wet and dry trails, say by having a MICRO LINE MIXER on each amp?

That's not how trails work, trails are just continued delay or reverb repeats. The switcher doesn't generate trails or change the audio at all, it just continues to let the delay and reverb output be audible, even when the loop is switched off.

You might be able use an Electro-harmonix Freeze pedal to do what you want, but I've never tried it.

There are two ways you can accomplish this:

1). If the pedal you're trying to have trails on has MIDI capability, and has trails capability built in, you can keep the pedal's loop on at all times and use your LT to send commands to bypass the pedal, which would trigger the pedals' internal trails feature. You can still use the MEGX loop to change the pedal's position in the loop order.

2). Add a small line mixer to the MEGX and create a parallel effect routing. This will give you trails by default. I've attached a diagram showing the Mini Line Mixer we used to have but are currently not making. It has a wiring diagram that may be helpful. We have not announced anything yet, but there will be something available this year that will help with this case.
I am setting up a Line Mixer as you suggested with this diagram but I am am a bit confused...

I have an RJM MEGX and an RJM MASTERMiND LT. I am running a WET/DRY slave setup 4-Cable Method.
All my DRY Effects are in front of the RJM MEGX to the DRY amp.
Pre-amp Out to the RJM MEGX then all my WET Effects run through the last loops on the MEGX out to the WET amp.

With reference to the diagram, are the gray boxes "effects units"?

Would that mean that I:

1. Run a cable to my DELAY PEDAL input and a cable from the pedal output to the LiNE MiXER >
2. Run a cable to my CHORUS PEDAL input and a cable from the pedal output to the LiNE MiXER >
3. Run a cable to my REVERB PEDAL input and a cable from the pedal output to the LiNE MiXER >
4. Run a cable from the LiNE MiXER to the Power Amp of the WET amp

NOT return any of the pedal loops to the MEGX?

Do I have that correct?

Yes, you only use the loop sends of the MEGX. The output of the pedals go to the line mixer, the mixer output does not return to the MEGX. It would go to the wet amp directly.

Yes, you only use the loop sends of the MEGX. The output of the pedals go to the line mixer, the mixer output does not return to the MEGX. It would go to the wet amp directly.
Right on. Just wanted to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

THANKS!

Back