Mini with Mesa

dno321

I am using a Mini Gizmo in GCX mode with a Mesa Triple Rec. If I turn on the amp before the Gizmo it will not switch channels. If the Gizmo is turned on before the amp, it switches channels just fine. Is this normal?

Can't say for certain with that amp, but some amps have a "footswitch detect" function - certainly my Peavey JSX does. If the Gizmo's not turned on first, then the Mesa might not think it has a "footswitch" connected to it. So yeah, makes sense to me.

I think I know the problem you're describing. If you can send the cable to me for a firmware upgrade (yes, our Mesa cables have firmware in them, is there anything wrong with that? :D ), I can fix that for you.

Sounds about right. I bought a second cable and it works fine. Where do I send the other cable to get the firmware flashed?

As a side note...making the cable leads longer on the "amp side" and shorter on the "Gizmo side" would be helpful on future cables.

Thanks!

Send it to:

RJM Music
2525 Pioneer Ave
Suite 1
Vista, CA 92081
USA

Please put a note in there indicating what the problem is and also include your return address inside the package. We should be able to turn it around in a day or two.

Back