MMGT FIRMWARE VERSION 2.3

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
At last, here's a final version of firmware 2.3:

The changes are:

- Expansion to 1008 songs, 64 setlists. Setlists can now contain 100 songs
- Macros: you can define macros, which are sequences of up to 32 actions. These can be called from any preset or IA. The idea here is to be able to have common sequences of actions used on multiple buttons, but only need to edit those actions once if they need to change. This also greatly extends the number of actions a preset or IA can have.
- We now sync with Axe-Fx scene changes
- It's now possible to have a preset that has a local button page, but have a global button page show up when the preset is selected.
- Added setting to invert the expression pedal's position switch. Useful if you want the tuner to turn on when the volume pedal is pulled back all the way.
- Page menu now only shows pages that are active (less than or equal to the Max Page setting)
- Fixed copy & swap button options on GT10 and GT16
- Fixed error editing CC On values on GT
- Fixed a bug that happened when pressing Preset Menu button when on the global preset
- Fix preset actions so that they can be used to select scenes on the Axe-Fx
- Fixed Switch Gizmo support and added Voodoo Lab Pedal Switcher support
- Fixed a bug that caused the CC On value edit button to not work
- Added Rotary X/Y select CCs for Axe-Fx
- Made it possible to select banks on the Kemper without automatically loading presets (in Kemper performance mode)

Editor fixes:
- Made a separate "local page" checkbox on the preset page. This makes it more clear how to select a local page. It also makes it possible to have a local page, but have a global page be the first page that is displayed when the preset is recalled.
- Fixed the broken button type menu
- Fixed preset offsets in PC actions
- Fixed PC and bank number calculation errors for devices like Axe-Fx
- Fixed corruption of some settings after saving files
- Other various bug fixes that I forgot to write down

BIG IMPORTANT NOTE #1
Remember to back up your settings before upgrading! You won't be able to downgrade to a previous release and keep your settings unless you have a backup of your settings somewhere.

BIG IMPORTANT NOTE #2
If you have a Kemper and you plan on using Performance mode, you must have firmware 3.0 or higher installed on the Kemper

You can download here:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT230.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-2.3.pdf
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.3.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.3.0.zip

Hi Ron,

minor bug:

the OFF value for Rotary X/Y (CCs 125 and 126) should be: 127.
And ON should be: 0.
Just like other X/Y actions.

Another thing:

I've assigned Rotary 1 X/Y to a switch (hold action).
When I engage this switch and then switch presets, the switch stays lit.
Unlike other X/Y switches.
I can solve this by using "Update state", but with other X/Y switches this isn't needed.

Don't know if this a bug.

I switched my preset switches from NORMAL to HOLD.
Because I wanted to experiment with assigning their HOLD state to scenes, making the preset switches doing double duty.

However, when I do this, the preset numbers skip 1.
preset switch 1 = preset 1 (and scene 1)
preset switch 2 = preset 3 (and scene 2)
preset switch 3 = preset 5 (and scene 3)
preset switch 4 = preset 7 (and scene 4)
preset switch 5 = preset 9 (and scene 5)

How can I prevent this and make preset 2 switch to preset 2?
Or is it a bug?

Ok, I think I know what the problems are in your previous post - will look into them.

For the preset issue, is it the case that both the normal and hold function are both preset buttons? If so, what's happening is that the presets are assigned like this:

preset button 1 normal = preset 1
preset button 1 hold = preset 2
preset button 2 normal = preset 3
preset button 2 hold = preset 4

etc...

The normal and hold functions are considered different buttons, so they receive different preset numbers. Currently there's no way to assign the same preset number to two preset buttons (unless you convert them to IA buttons that recall a specific preset).

This is something that I'm going to have to think about. For now, you'll probably have to do something like have the hold function switch scenes but not change presets.

i'm gonna post this and then fix it as usual...

but is anyone else not getting the Scene selected when loading a preset on the Axe? my Scene buttons remain "unselected." i think i checked everything, but i'm going through it all again till i find it.

for some reason my Max Button Page and Set List settings were different after loading the 2.3 final, maybe another setting is changed. gonna go hunting for wabbits now.

---
i did change the Axe from Device Slot 1 to Device Slot 9. all settings should be correct on Device 9 - does the Axe need to be Device 1 to receive Scene info?
(of course i'm gonna test this immediately after i post it)
---
AHA! I changed the Axe back to Device Slot 1 and it works now. in Device Slot 9 with the same settings (correct midi channel, etc), it does NOT work. i made sure to change the Button Action definitions as well.

the reason i moved my axe to Device slot 9 is that my x32 rack mixer is hard coded for Midi Channels 1-6 for specific functions. to make it easy, i want Device 1 to be Midi Ch 1, Device 2 midi ch 2, etc. i made the Axe Device 9 and Midi Ch 9 so it's well out of the way.

can someone confirm this? i could easily make the Axe Device #1 (and i will for right now, moving x32 Rack Ch1 to a different device number) but just wondering if this is the intended behavior. thanks!

When you change to device slot 9, did you change all of the buttons assigned to the Axe-Fx? Each button action refers to a device slot, so if you move the device, all of the actions have to change to point to the new device slot.

rjmmusic said:
When you change to device slot 9, did you change all of the buttons assigned to the Axe-Fx? Each button action refers to a device slot, so if you move the device, all of the actions have to change to point to the new device slot.
yes, definitely. i'll test other device positions tomorrow.

rjmmusic said:
Ok, I think I know what the problems are in your previous post - will look into them.

For the preset issue, is it the case that both the normal and hold function are both preset buttons? If so, what's happening is that the presets are assigned like this:

preset button 1 normal = preset 1
preset button 1 hold = preset 2
preset button 2 normal = preset 3
preset button 2 hold = preset 4

etc...

The normal and hold functions are considered different buttons, so they receive different preset numbers. Currently there's no way to assign the same preset number to two preset buttons (unless you convert them to IA buttons that recall a specific preset).

This is something that I'm going to have to think about. For now, you'll probably have to do something like have the hold function switch scenes but not change presets.

Hi Ron,

the NORMAL function was assigned to PRESET, the HOLD function to an IA (Scene).
So not two presets on a single switch. But it seems that the GT "thinks" otherwise.

It's not really important (to me). Just wanted to reported it in.

In the meantime I've settled on another preset / scene approach that works very well and which I'm very happy with.

I want to make a video how smooth and flexible the Axe-Fx / MM GT is.
It's just that I really hate making and editing videos.... :)

My Axe-Fx is in slot #1. Didn't try slot #9.

Scene selection / indication works well.
Scene switches do not need special configuration options.

Except for assigning them to a group (which is logical).

I'm having a lot of problems with the MMGT freezing whenever I try to read it from the editor. It's ok transferring to the MMGT but to the computer it freezes.

OSX 10.10.2 and mac editor 2.3

Anyone else?

Do you have MIDI clock enabled? It's the only thing I know of that, in the past, caused some problems. I thought I had fixed the issue, but maybe not?

Yes, I have MIDI clock enabled. I'll disable it and try again.

I've got MIDI merge on as well. Perhaps that's it. I'll have to try both.

Ok, I will look into it further. In my initial testing, I wasn't able to reproduce it here, but will try with different hardware configurations.

Back