Mobius and H9 Preset and Audio Loop Switching?

Schmoot

Hello Ron, All,

Really appreciate this forum and the PBC. What an awesome product. I have learned a ton already from the forum posts.

Need some help. I could not find same topic in the forum, but the same question may already exist. Feel free to point me to another thread to save time.

I am doing an experiment to add a sort of custom instant access page for pedals in dedicated loops via the alternate preset page with a modified local page. I have it working for pedals on dedicated loops with no problem. This is a really useful method get at pedals or programs in MIDI pedals that make sense to build on a core amp channel selection (say for clean).

However I am trying to also use 2 different patches via program change commands for the Mobius in audio loop 7 where button 7 selects a Leslie sound and button 8 selects a tremolo patch, both are configured as IA. I have them assigned to a group (7) with the "allow all buttons off" selected in the globals page, and I have IA link selected in the button edit page as well as the "Send on Preset Change" and the "Update on Preset" boxes selected in the button edit page.

It almost works. I have the IA actions as sending a PC change 2 (or 7 for 2nd button) and enabling the audio loop 7 in each of the button assignment pages.

What I see is that the first press of button 7 selects the correct program and enables loop 7. Then when I press button 7 it disables loop 7 and selects a PC change associated with the preset. So far so good.

When I select button 8, I see that the correct program is selected and loop 7 is enabled. Works correctly.
If I deselect button 8 it also disable loop 7 as expected.

If I then select button 7 it works as expected, and when I leave it on but enable button 8, it switches to the correct program and leaves loop 7 enable. And turns button 7 to the off color. Still good.

But If I try to go back to button 7 to reselect the Leslie sound, it selects the right program but disables loop 7.

If I then hit button 7 again it disables the button and the loop 7 is still off, then I hit button7 again and it will enable loop 7 properly.

Is there a way to fix this?

I see the exact same behavior when programmed on buttons 9 and 10 for the H9, in a similar way.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know about any questions or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Joe

Back