Mobius Tap tempo issue

Hey Ron,
Happy Holidays. Having a new issue with the tap tempo and my mobius. It cropped up after updating firmware on all the strymons. I have the mobius set to store tempo per preset, but i also send tap to it and my timeline. It used to work fine to adjust tempos of songs if they push or slow. Now the preset recalls its correct tempo, but if i hit the tap button even once, the mobius goes immediately to 600bpm, and has tap has no impact on it after that. Any ideas?

Update: Thats a good thought shoelesscraig. I have also just updated and i think it reset the Midi clock to off on it and the timeline, but it does seem like the tap is a bit smoother with the momentary unchecked. So between the two it seem to be fairly predictable for now.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
Hey Ron,
Happy Holidays. Having a new issue with the tap tempo and my mobius. It cropped up after updating firmware on all the strymons. I have the mobius set to store tempo per preset, but i also send tap to it and my timeline. It used to work fine to adjust tempos of songs if they push or slow. Now the preset recalls its correct tempo, but if i hit the tap button even once, the mobius goes immediately to 600bpm, and has tap has no impact on it after that. Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

I’m no expert, but I’m guessing you have the button on the PBC setup as momentary. I’ve done this before and experienced the same. Try unchecking momentary and see if that does it.

Craig, why are you shoeless. Is it by choice? I have some spares I no longer use if needed. Size 10.

Haha...so broke after buying all this music gear that I just can’t afford a pair.

Shoeless was the name of a Christian band I was in years ago. If you’re familiar, think Moses and the burning bush...”take off your shoes for you are on holy ground”.

Back