Mono Pedal Volume Drops When I Engage Stereo Loop 10 Plus Other Issues

I have a Chase Bliss Tonal Recall in Loop 5 (last mono loop), nothing in Loop 6, Mobius in Stereo Loop 7, Timeline in Stereo Loop 8, H9 in Stereo Loop 9, and BigSky in Stereo Loop 10.

Everything works fine UNTIL I hit the BigSky - this causes the Tonal Recall to drop volume significantly.

I tried running the stereo effects in Parallel and in series, different configurations but nothing helps.

Also, I have to push in the Mono-->Stereo button or else I get no sound out of the Mobius in Loop 7 - I have it connected in stereo both in and out - even though there is no stereo effect before it.

Any advice on my issue from you experienced PBC users?

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 3.55.01 PM.png

Check your cables? A partial short in one cable can cause volume issues with certain pairs of pedals. The one leading to the BIg Sky input would be my first choice based on what you said.

Does the Timeline by itself have the same issue as the Mobius, and what happens if you switch which pedals are in loops 7 and 8?

Ok, so all cables check out fine - no short. It has to do with the IN 7-10 Mono-->Stereo button.

Here's what I discovered.

I don't have anything plugged into the IN 7-10 TRS jack. I'm assuming the last mono loop (Tonal Recall Delay) in my system (loop 5) is going straight to loop 7. I have TRS left and right on Send 7 going to the Mobius left and right in. I have the Mobius left and right out going back to the PBC Return 7.

With the Mono-->Stereo switch out my signal is stereo but when I engage loop 7 (Mobius) I get no signal.

If I push the Mono-->Stereo switch in i can get the loop 7 (Mobius) in stereo but when I disengage it my signal goes to the right side only

Do I need to plug something into the In 7-10?

Am I wrong in assuming that my Loop 5 will go straight to Loop 7?

Will it feed loop 7 left and right send?

Nothing needs to be plugged into In 7-10, the signal will carry over from loop 6. With the (Mono->Stereo) switch in the out position, it will send the loop 6 signal to the left and right side of send 7.

Please try this:

- Unplug the plugs from Send 7 and Return 7. What happens when the loop is activated?
- Plug the above plugs in once again. Now. unplug the right input and right output from the Mobius. Do you get signal on one side?
- Plug the right input and right output in once again. Unplug the left input and left output. Do you get signal on the other side?

- Unplug the plugs from Send 7 and Return 7. What happens when the loop is activated?

It passes the signal through - no problem on or off

- Plug the above plugs in once again. Now. unplug the right input and right output from the Mobius. Do you get signal on one side?

I get no signal

- Plug the right input and right output in once again. Unplug the left input and left output. Do you get signal on the other side?

I get no signal

The only way I can get sound from the Mobius is to push in the Mono-->Stereo button and then the sound is only on the Right side (When running my rig in stereo). I tested the cables again with a meter and verified there are no shorts. Each connector is passing voltage.

Ok, some more tests...

- If you have a TRS cable, connect it from Send 7 to return 7. See if engaging loop 7 does anything.
- Temporarily put another stereo pedal in loop 7, see if it behaves differently.

- If you have a TRS cable, connect it from Send 7 to return 7. See if engaging loop 7 does anything.

Engaging the loop works fine with the TRS cable

- Temporarily put another stereo pedal in loop 7, see if it behaves differently.

Tried the Timeline , same behavior - no signal when engaged.

What do you think? Cables? Even though they are checking out with the voltmeter...?

Found the cable that had a short. Problem solved. It was not shorting when pulled out to test. UGH. Thanks for all your help and troubleshooting.

Back