New guy needs help w/ set up

crand

Hello, I'm looking for help on how to best configure my rig. I have searched the forum and checked out the various diagrams here...still having hard time though.
My rig consist of a Randall RM100, a Egnater M4, a Decimator Pro RackG, RJM RG16, few OD pedals, and a G Major.
What I am wanting to do is swtch between the RM100's pre section and the M4, go into the G Major, and use the RM100's power section.
Any help, guidance on utilizeing the RG16 in set up is greatly appreciated.

Craig

You should be able to do what you want with 3 loops (saving the other 5 for pedals etc). Connect loop 6 send > Randall input. Randall FX send > loop 6 return. Short patch cable from Loop 6 out to Loop 7 in. Loop 7 send > M4 input. M4 output > loop 7 return. Short patch cable from Loop 7 out to loop 8 in. Loop 8 send > G Major input. G Major output > loop 8 return. Loop 8 out > Randall FX return.

You'll want to set it so that only loop 6 OR loop 7 (but always one of them) is on. To do this, enable group mode: Hold down Audio Loop 4 button while powering on the RG-16. When the LEDs flash, let go of the button. Press buttons 6 and 7 to turn on the lights (there should be no other audio loops turned on at this point). Hit the Write button. Et voila :)

Only thing to watch out for is if you experience ground loops (nasty buzzing) at all. If so, you might need some kind of hum isolating device... but cross that bridge if you come to it :)

Martin has it correct as usual. The main thing to keep in mind is that you can connect each preamp as if if were a pedal. Pedals that come before the preamps will of course be in front of the preamp inputs, pedals or other effects that are in the loops after the preamps will go between the pre and power amps - effectively (!) in the effects loop.

Hey guys, thanks for the help. Got everything set up and switching just fine. I shifted everything down one loop so I could fit the Decimators ch2 in. I did run into some hum but managed to remove a big portion of it with flipping the lift switch of the M4. Still have some hum going on that I'd like to try to get out. I do have a Ebtech Hum Eliminator, so my question now is where should I try to employ this at? The sends going to the amp & preamp inputs maybe?

Try using it on the preamp output connection, then also the preamp input connection if needed.

Back