New Macbook pro unable to connect to device error

Mr.Minor84

Hi, I just got a new macbook Pro with the M3 Max running OS Sonoma 14.2.1 and downloaded the mastermind editor for for PBC6x and I can't connect to it anymore. I tried different USB cables with same results. Is there a known bug for the new macs not connecting? Any help would be greatly appreciated

So far we haven't seen any actual compatibility issues. The first thing to check is that you're using the Mastermind Editor and not the Mastermind GT Editor. Also make sure that the Mastermind Editor version matches the version of the firmware your PBC has.

So I doubled checked and I was using the Mastermind LT/PBC Editor V 5.1.0, my PBC was on V 5.0.1 so I re installed that version to match the PBC and still can't connect.

Have you tried using any other USB MIDI devices with this new computer? And, did you migrate your files from an older Mac? One user experienced a similar problem and it turned out it was due to an old MIDI driver for another product being carried over to the new Mac.

I checked using other USB MIDI keyboards which worked fine but then realized I have a USB Hub going into a docking station, bypassed the HUB and went directly to the docking station and it works now! Not sure why thats happening since I use that HUB for a lot with no issues. But either way it is working fine! Thank you for your help!

Back