New Rig with RG-16 2 amps and 6 pedals IS THIS RIGHT?

Hello,

Tim here, I'm new to the community and new to switching systems. I got an RG-16 a little while ago and a mastermind. The rack is coming together but i want to double check that I am doing this correctly.

My signal starts Guitar>Pedalboard Interface>Into a couple pedals>out of interface>to RG-16

There is also fuzz that I use of my B amp that is in a send/return on interface on the board as well.

My next step before wiring is to get a rack interface/patchbay so I can have everything plug into the front of the whole system. Here is a sketch/diagram but I am unsure if it is correct.

Attachments

• rack.png
    rack.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 4
That looks right - the position of the fuzz looks a bit unusual, but I'm assuming that there's a good reason for it.

Excellent.

2 Q's:

do you think i'm going to have problems with hum and ground loops from this set up?
and
do you guys make rack interfaces/patch bays?

With two amps, yes, you will probably have a ground loop. It's easy to fix with an isolation transformer or ground lifted cable.

We aren't doing any rack interfaces at this time...

Cool sounds good thanks a lot. So if one were not knowledgeable about either of those things, how would one incorporate one/them into the rig?
:)

Since your rig is relatively simple, it's pretty easy to pinpoint the likely spot - if you get hum, I'd put an isolation transfer in front of the Rectifier's input. That's probably the only place you'll need one.

Thank you so much for all of your help in the past, most appreciated. But alas, it has come to time to make yet another rig.

My only question is this:

I want to use phantom power via a 7 pin midi cable from my rg-16 to power my mastermind on my board. I also have a line 6 m9 on my board that i want to throw into the midi mix of things. I was initially going to go out from the rg16 midi IN into the line 6 midi OUT, then line6 midi IN to mastermind midi OUT.

A problem i have encountered is that the line6 midi outputs are 5 pin, so i was wondering......

Can i take a Midi Solutions Merger, put the 7pin from rg16 into 1 input and the line6 5 pin into the other input and have the out of the merger go to my mastermind, thus powering it phantomly.

Does this make sense?

I'm pretty sure that the MIDI solutions products only have 5 pin connectors and they don't pass phantom power, so I don't think that'll work.

We sell a phantom power adapter box on our website. It converts 5-pin + power to 7-pin (or vice versa). If you added that to your board, you could run a 7-pin to it, then run MIDI to the M9. The power jack on the phantom power box could then connect to the power input of the Mastermind.

http://www.rjmmusic.com/store/product.p ... 248&page=1

Back