Newbie here....GT22 question

Rick in TN

Does anyone know if the GT22 will support Voodoo Lab HEX Looper/Switcher? I already have 2 HEX's in my rack where I have my pedals. Would be great if the GT22 recognizes the HEX's automatically.

We don't yet have a preset for the Hex, but it can be set up as a "generic" MIDI device and will work fine with only a little bit of setup.

Thank you.....I think I saw that the GT does support something from Voodoo Labs...possibly the GCX.......what would happen if I selected to use GCX?.....would that not work at all with the HEX?.......I started using the HEX boxes because with 2 (12 loops total) of them I had more loops (so more actual pedals) than the GCX (8 loops I think)

Ah, yes, I just looked at the manual, and it appears that you can set it up as a GCX. You can set up the first Hex as GCX 1, the second as GCX 2, etc. and it should work fine, No Hex-specific settings needed.

Ah, yes, I just looked at the manual, and it appears that you can set it up as a GCX. You can set up the first Hex as GCX 1, the second as GCX 2, etc. and it should work fine, No Hex-specific settings needed.
This works perfectly. Thank you.

On a related topic: The GT 22 can configure more than one GCX? The reason I ask is there is no provision to change MIDI channels on the GCX. Actually, you can use any channel, so long as it's 16.

Yes, you can use four GCXs. They automatically assign themselves different CC numbers as long as you have the output of the first GCX connected to the input of the second GCX, output of the second connected to the input of the third, etc.

On the GT, there are separate GCX1, GCX2, GCX3 and GCX4 device types that will allow you to communicate with the different GCXs.

Yes, you can use four GCXs. They automatically assign themselves different CC numbers as long as you have the output of the first GCX connected to the input of the second GCX, output of the second connected to the input of the third, etc.

On the GT, there are separate GCX1, GCX2, GCX3 and GCX4 device types that will allow you to communicate with the different GCXs.

Thanks. That's great news, as Voodoo labs work around involved SysEx Messages or firmware upgrades and it sounded like more work that it was worth.

Back