[NOT A BUG] Bug with "global" option

Alexander

Ron,

Seems like there's a bug with the 'global' option.

Whenever I program a button on Page 2 of the Buttons page in the editor, and select 'global', the values I entered/selected won't stick, or they return to a previous state, or to another name.

As far as I can detect, this seems related to the 'global' option. I haven't checked if this is related to Page 2 as well.

Furthermore, if i don't select 'global' on the button's Edit screen, the button still acts as a global button and appears in all presets on page 2.

Furthermore, if I try to change the 'global' option of a button on page 2 on the hardware, the hardware won't let me do that. Or just once and then freezes the value.

Can you send me a file? A brief test here with the editor didn't show the same thing - I started with a new file, went to page 2, turned on global on the first button, set it up as an IA and I could verify that the changes appeared on every page. So, there must be some other setting that's triggering the problem.

I'll check the hardware editing issue in a bit...

My gear is packed up right now for a gig. I'll send the file tomorrow, with a more detailed description.

Back