Not sure if I need a ring disconnect or mono to stereo cable...

kitzy

Ok, so I've read this, but I'm still a little confused.

Here's what I want to do:

Loop 7 - Pedal w/ mono in and mono out
Loop 8 - Pedal w/ mono in and stereo out
Loop 9 - Pedal w/ stereo in and out
Loop 10 - Pedal w/ stereo in and out

So it looks like I would use a ring disconnect cable going from send 7 to the input of pedal 7. Cool, I'm good so far.

I'd also use a ring disconnect cable going from send 8 to the input of pedal 8. Totally on board here too.

Where I get confused is that the doc I linked above seems to indicate that I would want to use a mono to stereo converter cable to go from the output of pedal 7 to return 7 on the PBC. That makes sense to me if pedal 8 had a stereo input, but it doesn't.

So what do I want to use for the return of pedal 7? A ring disconnect cable, or a mono to stereo cable?

Last edited:
You should use a mono to stereo cable for sure. Remember that only loops that are turned on have any effect on the signal. If loop 7 is turned on, but loops 8-10 are not, loop 7's output is passed directly to the PBC's output. If the signal going in to Return 7 is not stereo, you're not going to get stereo output from the PBC.

Ring disconnect cables should only be used from PBC send to effect input, mono to stereo converter cables should only be used from effect output to PBC return.

Back