Not understanding MIDI on the PBC

Hey guys-

I have two questions.

1. I can't get my PBC to talk to my PT-100 amp. I'm running midi thru out to my amp, and it's a ch 14 midi device.

2. I want to create a button page that, when pressed, will change settings on my h9, timeline, and big sky to something different than what was pressed upon preset change. However, when doing this, there seems to be multiple midi messages going and the devices get confused. I guess i only want those to go out when i press that button.

Last edited:
Alright- i solved the PT-100 issue. When i plug my amp directly into my big sky, it works. But when i run the big sky out into a midi solutions quadra thru or footswitch (honestly just to make patching on board easier) it doesn't work. I'd think a quadra thru would be fine. wonder why

The MIDI Solutions products use a trick to draw power from the MIDI line, and it's not compatible with all products. You may need a powered thru box. Kenton in the UK makes one. Or move the thru box to the output of a different pedal - most devices do work with it.

Hmm, interesting. Coming out of a big sky.

Any idea on how I could accomplish number 2? Basically want to, when pressed, send a few different PC's out. So I don't want them to be triggered when I step on the preset, only when I navigate to that button page. I'd like for them to behave like an IA switch of sorts, so when pressed, they send a PC to engage different presets, and when stepped on next, they either default back to the original settings of the preset, or bypass all three pedals together. Sort of like an IA for MIDI presets within a preset.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you probably need to look at your buttons and turn off "Send on Preset Change" and "Update on Preset Change" If those are turned on, the buttons will send their messages every time you change presets. Turning them off will make them only send messages when they're actually pressed.

Back