Passive split after the Stereo Output?

Biggsounds

I’m running a board that has a DSM Simplifier DLX (for silent/recording/direct to PA duties) and a stereo output to amps (for when that’s an option), current plan is to run to the Simplifier inputs in stereo then out the parallel (uneffected) “thru” outputs to the stereo rig… BUT, in the interests of taking something out of the chain that could be a point of failure, I do have a little ART passive Patchbay on my board which I could use to pass the PBC stereo out to the DSM and Stereo patchbay outs to the amp passively - am I right in assuming if that passive split is happening immediately after the PBC output buffers I’m not going to be degrading my signal that much in either set of outputs? Just trying to avoid another stereo active split if I can.

As long as you have the output buffer turned on and don't try to split the isolated B output, then it should be able to handle a passive split with no noticeable loss. (assuming that the things you have after the splitter are fairly high impedance).

Back